Talk

Advanced search

Overseas flight with 22m DD - CARES harness

(3 Posts)
RunsWithScissors Tue 07-Jun-11 09:18:52

hello, we have an 8 hr flight in July and have bought a seat for DD. We don't have a car seat that is suitable for use on the plane, but have seen the CARES harness mentioned a few times.

Wondering if anyone has one, and if it's worth the money (we will be flying at least once or twice every year, so not a one off).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :-)

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 07-Jun-11 12:58:54

Which airline are you going to use?. I would ask them if you can actually use this harness on the aircraft in any event. You also need to see what their policy also is with regards to take off and landing.

gregssausageroll Tue 07-Jun-11 13:56:55

Yes, I have used a Cares Harness before. Good piece of kit and we used it quite a bit when DS was aged from about 18 months upwards.

My only tip would be one of you gets on the flight before the other with the child so you can set the thing up without bothering people at the back of you as you will need to lean over into their space to ensure that the belt ins't twisted etc.

You should not be restricted on any airline using the harness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now