Talk

Advanced search

Flying with medication and the restrictions on taking liquids on planes?

(6 Posts)
RantAboutToStart Thu 02-Jun-11 22:10:14

My DD has allergies and needs to have antihistamines with her, we'll need to take them on the plane with us when we go on holiday (flying Virgin Atlantic) but I'm not sure how that will work now that you are restricted about taking liquid on planes. Does anyone know what the situation is?

elphabadefiesgravity Thu 02-Jun-11 22:13:21

You have to put it into a clear plastic bag and show it as you go on. I would have thought a small bottle of piriton or whatever was under the limit but if not best to get it on prescription and show the prescription label.

Never had any problem with my inhalor.

RantAboutToStart Thu 02-Jun-11 22:48:27

Excellent, I'll make sure we have our prescription with us. I thought it was going to be ok and then someone said to me that we wouldn't be able to take it on the plane without a doctors note. Thanks.

elphabadefiesgravity Thu 02-Jun-11 23:47:46

It is smaller than 50 mls?

Lovebendicks Fri 03-Jun-11 07:06:00

We always put in clear plastic bag & have prescription label on bottle. We have GP covering letter for epipen & never had any problems.

Bunbaker Sun 05-Jun-11 20:58:30

I took a bottle of Amoxycillin through security in a plastic bag with no problems.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: