Talk

Advanced search

Best way to get from Heathrow to Gatwick

(7 Posts)
Earlybird Wed 01-Jun-11 18:00:14

Looking for simple/easy, and hopefully reasonably priced.

ATM, all I can think of is taking Heathrow Express into London, transferring to Victoria, and then taking Gatwick Express to Gatwick for our outbound flight.

Sounds a bit of a nightmare with cases, etc. Is there a better way (other than spending hours on a coach)?

MotherMountainGoat Wed 01-Jun-11 18:11:14

Er, just get the shuttle transfer. It takes just over an hour, and I don't see how you could do it quicker than that. Apparently there are 100 per day.

More info here

LIZS Wed 01-Jun-11 18:16:07

Coach service links the two direct. Otherwise take train to Reading and across or into Paddington , Circle Line and train from Victoria (not GE necessarily)

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 01-Jun-11 18:45:13

Would second you using the coach service which operates between the two airports.

Your original way of getting to Gatwick is too convoluted not just to say expensive and with cases difficult as well. Victoria tube station is certainly worth avoiding at present due to ongoing works within that station.

Heathrow express costs a small fortune; you will pay a minimum of £16.50 per adult ticket for a journey only into Paddington.

ib Wed 01-Jun-11 18:47:18

A minicab will be cheaper than what you are thinking of...

CMOTdibbler Wed 01-Jun-11 18:50:01

The coach service is very frequent, and is direct with no stops. So prob faster than all the messing with the train and much cheaper

Earlybird Wed 01-Jun-11 19:42:00

Thanks for your advice.

I once did the coach service (probably 20 years ago!), but am glad to know that it is now an easy and inexpensive solution.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: