Talk

Advanced search

car seat in cabin or hold on plane???!!!

(13 Posts)
babyjames Sat 28-May-11 15:11:10

Got a seat for 14month old on easyjet to Cyprus. Advice on whether to find suitable carseat for cabin or put one we have in hold for when we are there.
Any advice please?

cookcleanerchaufferetc Sat 28-May-11 19:45:36

I think you will find that it has to go in the hold. It will be too big presumably to go in an overhead locker. Check with your airline but I think you will have to hand it over with the cases.

babyjames Sun 29-May-11 09:34:50

cant seem to find a seat that will fit the easy jet specifications!!! Anyone any ideas?

littleomar Sun 29-May-11 09:40:00

why would you not put it in the hold?

babyjames Sun 29-May-11 09:41:53

so he could sit in it on the plane and be comfortable. Also not allowed to sit in own seat for take off etc if not in car seat.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sun 29-May-11 09:42:12

How heavy or tall is your 14 mo?
Some 14 mo still fit in 0+ group car seat and some babies are already in the group 1 (you can't take those on board at all, I think?)

babyjames Sun 29-May-11 09:45:49

he is over 23lb. Not sure exactly but he does fit into both I think!

littleomar Sun 29-May-11 10:10:08

can you really put a baby in a car seat on a plane? i had no idea.

babyjames Sun 29-May-11 10:19:24

easyjet have said we must now got him a seat but cant find one that fits!

shmoz Sun 29-May-11 10:30:38

Easyjet policy: It is the accompanying person's responsibility to ensure that the minor is adequately secured into the aircraft seat. To this end easyJet will accept a car seat supplied by the accompanying person for any child over six months for whom an airline seat has been purchased, provided that the car seat has a rigid metal or plastic frame, is no wider than 42cm, includes lap, shoulder and crotch straps, and is upright and forward facing.

Bebe Confort Axiss

cookcleanerchaufferetc Sun 29-May-11 20:09:34

Why can't your child sit on your lap for take off and landing?

babyjames Sun 29-May-11 20:44:27

I'm really not sure. I have emailed them again and waiting for a response! As we have payed for the seat you'd think we could do that!

catherinemummy Tue 31-May-11 00:15:50

We flew easyjet when dd2 was under 2. Bought her a seat as was cheaper than paying extra luggage! No problem with her sitting on my knee whenever seatbelt sign on. Just had to discourage people from thinking her seat was free at boarding!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: