Talk

Advanced search

baby wipes in hand luggage???????

(12 Posts)
babyjames Thu 26-May-11 20:22:12

Hi
can I take baby wipes in my hand luggage or will they be classed as liquid? Feel I may need these with a 14month old!!!
Any one taken them on EasyJet?
Thanks

mistressploppy Thu 26-May-11 20:22:56

Yeah, took 'em on Easyjet recently, no problem. Have a great time!

babyjames Thu 26-May-11 21:47:42

ahh thank you thats great. Did you take a few packs?! Am getting soooo nervous about the plane!

mistressploppy Thu 26-May-11 22:02:19

I took a half opened pack in my hand luggage and just packed the rest - you won't need loads (how long is your flight though?)

Try and feed him/her on take-off as sucking helps the ears. Take toys, books and stickers to play with, loads of snacks etc. You can take more than 100ml of water/milk/baby food if you sample some to prove it's not a bomb grin

You can keep the buggy with you 'til you get on the plane

babyjames Thu 26-May-11 22:15:00

WE are going to Cyprus so about 5 hours. He is an active boy so is not going to like sitting still. Just trying to focus on the holiday at the end! How old is your little on? Did they travel well?

mistressploppy Thu 26-May-11 22:25:20

He's 19mo, we've just got back from Portugal (2.5hr flight) and he was fine, got a bit bored but then you just walk up and down the plane and flirt with people grin

We did a 4.5hr flight when he was 17mo and it was similar, he had a little sleep but other than that was awake, playing with stuff and trying to pat the head of the poor man in front!

Try and get an empty seat next to you so he can stand and fidget without being on your lap - makes a WORLD of difference. Ask when you check in if this is possible. Luckily having a toddler means most people don't want to sit next to you anyway, so you'll probably be lucky.

babyjames Fri 27-May-11 19:04:23

thanks for your reply. Patting the mans head made me giggle smile Any other tips you have would be gratefully received! Did he cope with the heat?

ChippingIn Fri 27-May-11 19:08:23

He'll be fine & you'll have a great time! If he's no longer bf/ff take something for him to suck/chew on take off - might help his ears a bit. Lollypops are good if he's allowed them (you can get reasonably healthy ones at the chemist) and don't give it too him until the wheels are almost off of the ground or he might be bored with it by the time it actually takes off!

<wipes are fine>

mistressploppy Fri 27-May-11 20:54:54

He coped fine with the heat, he slept in a 1 tog Grobag and a nappy on the very hot nights, in a vest when it was a bit cooler. Have you got a sun protection swim suit thingy for him? They are brill. Waterproof factor 50 is handy too though! And don't forget Calpol, you can get sachets which are great for popping in your handbag

babyjames Sat 28-May-11 15:09:00

thanks guys. I'm a bit of a worrier as you can prob tell! Just got hubby to purchase an additional seat for lo to give us more space as they were much cheaper than before! Now I don't know whether to take carseat in cabin or put in hold! Ahh travelling with a toddler is sooo complicated! lol ;)

mistressploppy Sat 28-May-11 20:00:36

Ooh, if you've bought a seat for DS then definitely take the carseat on board if you can, then he can sleep in it! Bonus!

But you'll have to dig him out of it and strap him to your lap if the seat belt sign goes on - stupid but true.

wigglesrock Sat 28-May-11 21:45:46

Baby wipes fine - if you're pushed for space in your bag, buy a pack of travel baby wipes, they're in a handier size (Sainsburys) Sticker books, small figures (Happyland from ELC) small/mini books, you know the boxsets with the four books in them, crayons, couple of cars? Second the Calpol sachets. Also a change of clothes for him and top for you (incase he spills anything) , lots of snacks - boxes of raisins etc.

Have a great time - I have always taken mine away, 5 and 3 year old and now a 3 month old and we're heading away next month. Don't forget to take loads of photos grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: