Talk

Advanced search

Hand luggage on easyJet

(7 Posts)
milkmoustache Thu 26-May-11 18:26:07

I haven't flown for years, and never on easyJet, so I am paranoid about getting caught out by the hand luggage issue. I have got a rucksack which would fit the recommended measurements, but do they measure the straps too? They are quite well-padded and bulky, and I can't stand the thought of having to pay extra and being embarrassed at the same time!! Is it better to carry more of a hold-all type thing?

pickgo Thu 26-May-11 23:45:33

Don't think they'd count the straps! Don't pay for priority boarding unless you're going with kids who must sit near you.
Think of it like getting a bus - easyjet really is basic!

Nefret Fri 27-May-11 10:56:55

They have a frame that bags must fit into so as long as it fits in it will be fine. I'm sure they don't measure straps.

milkmoustache Fri 27-May-11 14:30:01

Thanks for your help, but pickgo you have just raised another issue - don't they automatically seat kids next to their parents? Do you really have to pay for this?? My DD is only 6 and its her first plane trip, so we have to be together.
Reassure me, please!

milkmoustache Fri 27-May-11 18:45:53

anyone??

MotherMountainGoat Fri 27-May-11 18:54:57

I don't think that's a serious danger, Milkmoustache. We've flown Easyjet many times and never been forced to sit apart from the kids, despite never paying for priority boarding. The worst that ever happens is that you don't get a window seat or aisle seat, whichever you prefer. If that unlikely situation ever happened (ie there were only two separate seats left on the plane), I would ask the person next to DD nicely if they could move, and if they said no, point out sweetly that that would mean sitting next to a completely unsupervised 6 yo for however many hours, while I dozed away in my seat many rows away. At this point I imagine most people would cave in and move away quickly. If they didn't give in I would raise the matter with the flight attendants and point out than an unsupervised 6 yo would not be in their best interests for a peaceful flight.

And with the hand luggage - no, it's not measured, either it fits in the frame or it doesn't.

milkmoustache Fri 27-May-11 18:57:23

Thanks MMG! I am realising that I am quite apprehensive about the trip since it is the first time I have flown with DD, actually the first time I have flown since I had her, and quite a lot has changed in the last 6 years in terms of flying, esp on the budget airlines. But I feel calmer now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now