Talk

Advanced search

Kids summer activity holiday, anyone been to Skern Lodge?

(3 Posts)
oakiedoke Wed 25-May-11 10:16:03

Been looking around to send DD to an activity centre for the summer holidays, found centre in North Devon called Skern Lodge, looks good value compaired to others. www.skernlodge.co.uk, has anyone been or have your DC attended a course there?
I am calling them later to arrange if we can visit, as down near Bideford this weekend, what should I look out for?

BabyReindeer Sun 29-May-11 19:40:07

It was quite a few years ago, but both my sons went on activity breaks there when they were at prep school. They both really enjoyed themselves and I know the school did a lot oc research with other places before chosing this one. Hope someone with some more up to date information is along soon.

oakiedoke Sun 29-May-11 23:23:41

Thank you Babyreindeer for the advice.

Visited over the weekend, staff really friendly and helpful, answered lots of my questions. Still don't know how it can be so reasonably priced as the centre look great and the staff that I chatted to, were all mature and very professional and the food was amazing for an outdoor centre.
They only had school groups in over the weekend, but I was aloud to talk to the teachers, who were all very complementary and said how great the safety was. and how great the food was.
All the kids looked like they were having a fantastic time too!

I'll do a bit more research, but I think I will book with these guys.
Any other comments about the place would be welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now