Talk

Advanced search

British Airways Charter

(11 Posts)
Bear Mon 16-May-11 17:25:18

Can anyone who has flown BA as a charter recently tell me if there is halfway decent flight entertainment, or whether I need to pack all manner of distractions for DD(9) and DS(7). Thanks.

Bear Mon 16-May-11 17:26:09

in- flight entertainment, obviously

gregssausageroll Mon 16-May-11 17:52:14

in flight has always been pretty good. You can check it online if you are in the month you are travelling. Not all is listed but the movies are.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 16-May-11 18:54:31

In flight entertainment on BA is not bad but content can be limited for children. There are usually two dedicated childrens channels, mainly 3 or 4 Cartoon Network type shows on a loop.

Would suggest you take a portable DVD player for their use particularly if you are travelling long haul.

You may also want to consider bringing along their favourite foodstuffs as well to eat as childrens meals on airlines can be very much mixed in terms of quality.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Tue 17-May-11 12:04:58

BA are a scheduled airline, not charter. There is a big difference. The services you get will depend on where you fly to.

Bear Tue 17-May-11 12:34:25

Thanks for your responses. I know the difference between charter airlines and scheduled, thanks. I also know that BA are predominantly scheduled, but the flight we're on is a charter using them. I know you can check online to find out what's available on your flight, but you can't with their charter flights, so I was hoping that maybe someone might have flown on a BA charter flight and could tell me whether it was completely no-frills or whether it had similar in-flight entertainment to their scheduled services.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Tue 17-May-11 12:37:11

Why do you think the flight is a charter flight? Where are you flying to?

cookcleanerchaufferetc Tue 17-May-11 12:40:09

If the flight code ends in C, i.e. BA 321C, then you should get the same service as a regular BA flight.

Bear Tue 17-May-11 12:45:55

thanks - it does indeed end in a C. Cheers.

BizzeeBee Tue 17-May-11 13:35:54

How long is the flight? If it is short haul on a single aisle aircraft there may not be inflight entertainment fitted, just the moving map on little overhead screens to watch, long-haul and it should be the regular seat back entertainment.

For myself, I always make sure that I have plenty of reading material so I don't have to rely on the IFE - it does occasionally go wrong and I have had it once on BA where instead of on-demand (AVOD) they have had to put the system on the non-AVOD mode so you can't start a film when you want which I hate!

Bear Sun 05-Jun-11 16:05:49

Well, the answer was no - there was only the map to watch. We had loads of books, activity books and movies on the iPod Touch. So if you're travelling on BA as a charter, don't pack too light! Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now