Talk

Advanced search

booking an infant to fly on Ryanair before its born

(8 Posts)
twinsister Wed 12-Jan-11 16:12:08

I want to book September flights to Italy for my family, including a baby not due til June. Ryanair is the only airline that flies to Perugia.

I read a similar thread to this where the OP came back and said Ryanair were very helpful about it and you just added the infant to the booking once it was born and paid the standard £20 each way infant fare.

This sounds too easy for Ryanair; expecting them to sting me for an admin fee at least. I'm also wondering if I can amend the booking online or whether I would need to phone up to do it.

Anyone else had experience of this and can reassure me/tell me that I'm just being pessimistic?

tiokiko Sun 16-Jan-11 21:13:20

I don't know about Ryanair specifically, but most airlines let you book a flight for AN Other Baby then you call them once s/he is born and give DOB and name.

I think it was BA that I was looking at before DD was born and it definitely had to be amended by phone rather than online.

I think this is pretty standard and isn't something that Ryanair can squeeze an extra £10 from you for once, but if you have to do it by phone they'll get it that way of course!

thisisyesterday Sun 16-Jan-11 21:14:48

i thought that normally you needed to name passengers...?

you would need to call them and ask i think

webdad Tue 14-Jun-11 12:49:42

I had the same issue and called Ryanair - they told me to book the flight without the infant and then call with the infant details once it was born and they would add it to the booking ( for the normal £20 infant fee.) Baby due in july so will see if adding the infant goes smoothly or not quite soon!

blowninonabreeze Tue 14-Jun-11 12:51:56

I've done it with Ryanair, 3 years ago now though, just phoned them up once DD2 had arrived, all very straight forward.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 15-Jun-11 08:53:09

I booked DD onto a BA flight a couple of months before she was born. We were in a different country, so I went into the travel agents once she'd arrived and the man with the big gold ring (that was how he was known) put her name down.

MK79810 Sat 16-Jul-11 00:34:18

Please don't take an infant on a flight, think about other people. What if the baby starts crying and goes on for hours? You are in a constraint environment, people won't be able to get away from you. Flying is unpleasant enough, please don't make it even more so. I'd never think it's ok to fly with a baby.

mopsyflopsy Sat 16-Jul-11 09:59:52

MK, are you serious? What about those of us who have (older) family abroad, shouldn't they get a chance to see their grandchildren? Yes, babies cry but hopefully most adults are understanding enough to accept this on a flight, especially a flight within Europe, which lasts max 2 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now