Talk

Advanced search

If we want a holiday with some sun and an element of childcare is it Mark Warner or nowt?

(10 Posts)
docket Sat 08-Jan-11 18:56:02

We would really like to go on holiday in Feb with our 3 DC (6, 4 and 1). Some childcare would be great, am dreaming about lying down and reading a book....

I'm guessing we'll need longish haul to get any sun and I am not finding much through Google. Does anyone know of any other companies that do family friendly holidays?

Thanks a lot!

docket

gregssausageroll Sun 09-Jan-11 08:55:11

Sensatori is a new thing I have been reading about that Thomsons do. Seems to have pretty good reviews, particularly the childcare which you book out for the time you are there - either morning or afternoon sessions.

Have a look as they have hotels in crete, mexico, tenerife and sharm.

We're considering it for a break May/June time. I'd prefer Crete but worried about the shitty flight times and a 3 year old.

QueenofWhatever Sun 09-Jan-11 09:06:54

Try Neilsons or Sunsail. Unfortunately out of my budget now, I'm more Eurocamp. Also have a think about Egypt - Sharm, Hurghada etc.

Alex1976 Sun 09-Jan-11 13:29:38

Try Simply Travel (part of the Thomson group) - they have at least one (possibly 2) properties that have creche/club facilities. We used them when our boys were little (18 months & 4 & then again when they were 3 & 6)and it was brilliant; english nannies & lots of activities, with a choice of full or half days. Now they're a bit bigger (8 & 5) we're braving a Simply property without the creche - wish us luck!!

switchtvoffdosomelessboring Mon 10-Jan-11 13:38:04

Most of the Thomson family places have kids clubs that are included. Your 4 and 6 year old could go to them. There is also a creche for little ones but you do have to pay. We went to the Bonaire in Majorca and it was about 15 euros per session for under 3s.

First choice family resorts also have kids clubs, though again they under threes are not free.

And much cheaper than MW.

switchtvoffdosomelessboring Mon 10-Jan-11 13:39:26

Oh, just noticed you were talking winter sun. Sorry.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 10-Jan-11 13:43:19

Neilsons great, but a bit of a waste if you just want to lie around reading! (and the 1 year old would need nanny booking, too young for the kids clubs - that probably applies everywhere)

ilythia Mon 10-Jan-11 14:09:12

WSe went to Tunisia with Club med, they have loads of kids clubs/activities.

docket Tue 11-Jan-11 11:30:38

Thanks for the tips, shall have a good look. smile

Ladymuck Tue 11-Jan-11 11:33:37

Neilsons v expensive unless you like sailing (though out of school hols might be different).

I guess that it is too early for Mousses, Lefkas? Have you thought about a cruise? Kids clubs on many of them from early in the morning until late at night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: