Talk

Advanced search

Anyone going away to somewhere hot in February half term and NOT spending a fortune?

(9 Posts)
chicaguapa Sat 08-Jan-11 10:16:41

DH went into teaching last year and am shock at the cost of going away in the school holidays. I was just looking for a last-minute holiday to the Canaries for a week of sunshine in February and the prices are around £3k for a week for 2+2. Even just coming home on the Monday reduces the price by up to £1k. angry I know this is old news but I was wondering if anyone has found any bargains? Thanks.

chicaguapa Mon 10-Jan-11 09:57:14

Does that mean those who are going away are spending a lot of money? Maybe I'll have to forget my hankering for a bit of sun then. envy

dietqueen Mon 10-Jan-11 10:22:44

try Low Cost holidays the same holiday with Thomsons in school hols is £800 cheaper.

Im also looking at the canaries

jenpet Mon 10-Jan-11 10:39:04

We're going to Portugal. I'm not sure how hot it will be (seems to be around 23-25 degrees which is fine for me!) We've found an appartment, with heated pool, though a friend of a friend for £250.00 for the four of us, it looks fantastic too, and we're getting the overnight ferry from St Nazaire (near where we live)then driving down through Spain - £260 for the ferry plus cabins there and back. I can't wait!!

Rosa Mon 10-Jan-11 10:46:43

Sorry but when is the Uk half term ... I have been looking at going in Feb ( on another thread) and this never even crossed my mind. I am more flexible so could probably avoid that week. Thank you !

chicaguapa Mon 10-Jan-11 10:47:21

I hadn't considered Portugal. Is it really that warm? I don't need a suntan, but would like it to be warm enough to be able to sit out in the sun and read.

chicaguapa Mon 10-Jan-11 10:48:48

Rosa, school's break up on 18th February in our LEA. Not sure if all are the same.

Rosa Mon 10-Jan-11 10:50:15

Thank you - I am overseas and remember it as bing mid feb but as Easter is so late this year I thought it might be later !

jenpet Mon 10-Jan-11 10:50:38

According to DH, it will be T-shirt weather - he's been a few times in January on golfing jollies, I don't much mind really, as long is its not hat, gloves, scarves, Calpol, central heating!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: