Talk

Advanced search

What is the purpose of priority codes for Sun /Daily Mail holiday offers?

(13 Posts)
Holymoly321 Tue 04-Jan-11 17:04:50

I am thinkning of trying to book one of these for the first time this year and keep seeing stuff about 'priority codes'. Can anyone tell me what they are and what is so great about them? Thanks

izzybiz Tue 04-Jan-11 17:09:57

Once you have done one of these holidays once you get sent a priority booking form for all future hols.

You already have a code word and I think you need a couple less than everyone else which means you can book a couple of days earlier, giving you a better chance of getting the campsite you want.

HTH

Holymoly321 Tue 04-Jan-11 17:55:11

Thanks - was wondering what all the fuss was about! Do you have to have booked before to get one then?

izzybiz Wed 05-Jan-11 12:52:32

Yes, once you have booked once, then you get sent a priority form for future hols.

We do them twice a year, they are really good. smile The children love it, mine prefer them to a holiday abroad anyway!

izzybiz Wed 05-Jan-11 12:53:14

Oh, would also definately reccomend the Parkdean sites, we always go for those now, very good.

Holymoly321 Thu 06-Jan-11 22:05:24

Which park dean sites would you recommend? Also, it seemed to us that a four night break for fournwoukd cost at least £240 if it's £15 per Perron per night for 4 night midweek break. When you add on top cost of entainment pass, hol woukdmgetmpleasuremoutnof be at least £250, is it not cheaper and more conv to choose when and where you want to go privately?

Holymoly321 Thu 06-Jan-11 22:06:21

Oops, sorry, bloody iPad typos!!!

izzybiz Fri 07-Jan-11 11:15:36

We really like Parkdean Ruda, its in Croyde Bay, Devon. We have been to the one in Torquay which we didn't like quite as much, also the one in Weymouth, that has Lodges instead of caravans, that one was lovely too.

We usually take the long weekend break (less time off work for Dh!) We pay £9.50 each for the four of us, £38. They usually then add on a charge for electricity/gas, bedding and club passes.

Its never more than £85 for the three nights, we sometimes then upgrade our caravan for a larger one which is usually an extra £20-£30.

nappyaddict Mon 10-Jan-11 13:40:23

Does anyone have a priority form they don't want? I always go on a Sun holiday at least once a year and get sent a form but we haven't this year for some reason

taytotayto Mon 10-Jan-11 16:13:05

we booked last year for the first time but no priority code sent to us sad
maybe next year fingers crossed

nappyaddict Mon 10-Jan-11 16:51:03

My friend had one but threw it away. Do they email it you you as well?

BillBrysonsRucksack Tue 11-Jan-11 07:19:35

saucysausage it's £15 per person per holiday (if you book with the Mail or £9.50 for the Sun) with a minimum of four people. So, as izzybiz said, the basic price for four people with The Sun is £38 and then you have to add on service charge and entertainment passes.

Ours ususally come in at about £80, and we always take our own bed linen to save some money. Entertainment passes are also optional but we always get them so we can take DS (4yo) swimming and to the evening kids entertainment.

I've never been to a Parkdean site but have had really good holidays at Havens Littlesea, Rockley Park, Caister and Devon Cliffs. Avoid Park Resorts Bideford Bay like the plague though!

Have a lovely time! smile

nappyaddict Tue 11-Jan-11 11:54:46

Pontins are offering a Monday-Friday deal for 90 pound in club accomodation. It includes electricity, bed linen and entertainment passes and it's for up to 6 people. You just have to ring them and enquire - no collecting tokens!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: