Talk

Advanced search

Sun / Daily Mail holiday offers - how do they work then?

(7 Posts)
Holymoly321 Mon 03-Jan-11 21:41:08

We desperately need a cheap holiday this year and have just seen an ad on telly for Daily Mail £15 holidays. How do these work? Could anyone give me the lowdown on what where and how etc? Many thanks in advance smile

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 03-Jan-11 21:47:58

You collect tokens from the papers. Each token has a code word written on it.

You go to the website (seems to often crash so I guess it gets overloaded) to see which holidays are available on which dates and in which locations, then you fill in a form with your details, adding however many code words you need. I think you have to pay a deposit at this point.

You'll receive a confirmation letter in the post, then you have to send it back with the remainder of the payment. You also get the chance to upgrade to a better caravan, or extra nights, bedding, entertainment passes etc.

We went on one last year. It was fab, we had a new 6 berth caravan between 3 of us!

Holymoly321 Mon 03-Jan-11 22:05:45

Thanks cuppa. Have heard that some people get ripped off with 'hidden charges' though. Did you get ripped off at all? Am thinking we could go to France. We don't mind doing basic but would upgrade if the price wasright!

CuppaTeaJanice Tue 04-Jan-11 10:14:06

We went to Southampton, so not sure about the foreign trips, but I don't think we were ripped off at all. We had a lovely holiday for less than £100. The only thing to consider is you have to pay for at least 4 people, so we had to pay an extra £15 even though there were only 3 of us.

It will say in the paper how much the extra charges are. They are a small service charge, entertainments passes and linen, if you don't want to bring your own. No other extras unless you want to upgrade to a posher caravan or add extra days or meals to your trip.

Remember to take tea towels and bath towels- we assumed they'd be provided in the linen pack but they weren't!

Holymoly321 Tue 04-Jan-11 14:28:06

THanks cuppa, will have a look. But I think the UK hols are for four days mid week maximum? Are the Euro hols longer and do you have to travel midweek?

ChippyMinton Tue 04-Jan-11 16:55:01

Check the extra costs carefully. At the start/end of the season it is often cheaper to book direct.

Holymoly321 Tue 04-Jan-11 17:03:28

Thanks Chippy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: