Talk

Advanced search

Mark Warner summer resorts-food allergy friendly?

(4 Posts)
tooga Mon 03-Jan-11 20:19:44

I was just wondering if anybody knows if Mark Warner resorts cater for food allergies? It seems a waste to go all inclusive if DS can't eat in any of the restaurants?

Thanks!

blametheparents Tue 04-Jan-11 18:33:35

The main restaurant is a self service buffet.
Would depend what your DS is allergic to really, and how significant a reaction would be.
Since it is all buffet style you can't know that somebody hasn't used the same spoon to serve themselves something that your son is allergic to and then put it back in something that your DS is able to eat.
No ingredients listed for the items when we wwere there, you could check with Mark Warner if the hotel are able to provide this, though I would presume not as there is a big array of food and it would be difficult to list ingredients for everything just for you (unless it is something they already do)

StanHouseMuir Tue 04-Jan-11 23:52:49

I second what btp says. We went to two MW resorts prior to DD2 and think that if we went again, she would be stuck with chips cucumber and chicken most nights.

tooga Thu 06-Jan-11 14:03:51

Thanks for the info.

I spoke to MW and they said they should be able to cater for a food allergy as long as they know in advance. However the buffet style set up does concern me as DS is anaphylactic (nuts, sesame) so cross contamination is a huge threat.

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: