Talk

Advanced search

Which is the nicest Center Parcs, then?

(11 Posts)
FAOnTelly Tue 28-Dec-10 15:54:21

Thinking of booking forFeb half term.

TIA

JemimaMop Tue 28-Dec-10 16:00:59

We have been to Longleat and Sherwood (both several times) and prefer Sherwood, however I know a lot of people who go regularly to Whinfell and love it there.

Sorry, not much help really!

omnietyinstables Tue 28-Dec-10 16:12:24

Depends what you like - longleat is the most atmospheric and scenic I think but elvedon is the easiest to get about - important in feb as you wont be spending that much time outside.

Sherwood has the best outdoor areas I think but again in feb not much cop.

Elvedon has a good pool area for babies and toddlers.

Havent been to Whinfell.

dietqueen Tue 28-Dec-10 16:13:35

by far its Sherwood - Elevdon is too far spread out and scruffy and long Leat too hilly.

Georgimama Tue 28-Dec-10 16:17:04

Have only been to Longleat and Whinfell, Longleat is VERY hilly, Whinfell has everything you could want but is predominantly flat and more compact. And cheaper.

FAOnTelly Tue 28-Dec-10 18:43:55

Thanks, all.

Do you think it will be worth it in Feb? Too cold?

jenpet Tue 28-Dec-10 18:47:34

Longleat is incredibly hilly as others have said, however DS2 got Norovirus at Sherwood forest, and they were dreadful dealing with it ; nurse "would you like to go to A & E then" been as he's lost 20% of his body weight shouldn't you be telling me that?! shock
We've just got back from "Les Trois Bois" in Basse Normandie, and although the activities were not as good overall, the site, restaurants, pool area and cleanliness were amazing compared to the UK ones....they've also offered us another weekend free as it was so snowy we couldn't do anything outside & we had no hot water one morning....

ShowOfHands Tue 28-Dec-10 18:49:37

DD got norovirus at Elveden and the nurse was superb. grin

We go in March. It's brilliant. But MIL and FIL both say that the European ones are much better.

hollynivy Tue 28-Dec-10 18:53:47

sherwood is best imo, elveden is good too, longleat is v hilly. Enjoyed them all but will go back to sherwood next time. It has everthing in centre, fab outside play area on beach, and wicked flumes

Georgimama Tue 28-Dec-10 20:43:42

We're going back to Whinfell for the weekend in a fortnight, we've got one of the lakeside lodges (the lake is central between the village centre and sports plaza which is another advantage over Longleat which sort of has 2 centres) and I can't wait.

Blatherskite Tue 28-Dec-10 20:56:21

We've only ever been to Elveden (3 times now) last time was early December. It was lovely. Not sure how it can be scruffy as most of it is brand new!!

We're looking to try another one next time so will be watching this thread...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: