Talk

Advanced search

has anyone had a holiday in sharm el sheik with a toddler?

(24 Posts)
jinglebellssantasmells Mon 27-Dec-10 09:44:59

from the reviews i am thinking of boking sultans gardens, has anyone been there or can recommend anywhere else to go that will be warm/hot in february that is great to go with a 20 month DD?

thanks

DrSeuss Mon 27-Dec-10 11:36:16

Have considered this. If you find out about jabs and small people please let me know.

jinglebellssantasmells Mon 27-Dec-10 11:43:06

i know u dont need jabs as i have been to egypt befor but pre- children so went to a quieter hotel, im just hoping there will be activities for her to do or she will get very bored

DrSeuss Mon 27-Dec-10 11:46:25

Are you sure about jabs? Just found several sites which recommend an armful!

jinglebellssantasmells Mon 27-Dec-10 13:05:52

oh, im not sure then, when i went to taba 2 years ago i asked my dr and she sed i didnt need any, i know when i went to bali i needed an arm full

DrSeuss Mon 27-Dec-10 13:45:06

Probably the Bali ones were still good for your Egypt trip.

jinglebellssantasmells Mon 27-Dec-10 22:06:04

bump

thenightsky Mon 27-Dec-10 22:08:27

If you are not going out of resort then you don't need jabs. Having said that I went on trip to Cairo on a whim and was fine.

Red sea is bloody amazing... its like swimming in an aquariam and I am in love with the sea life there.

Sea may be quite cold in Feb though so you may need wet suits.

jinglebellssantasmells Tue 28-Dec-10 09:57:13

thanks thenite is there any hotels u wud reccomend?

thenightsky Tue 28-Dec-10 15:22:02

choose one on the beach... you don't need to be walking a long way weighed down with towels, fins, snorkels, water bottles etc.

blueberrysorbet Wed 29-Dec-10 17:53:29

are you diving? you can stay at oonas dive club - they have a hotel, fantastic value, and on the beach! we took a 2 yr old and a 7 week old- (i don;t dive) but i was welcome on the boat and had a great time on the beaxh otherwise. have a lovely time!

LilRedWG Wed 29-Dec-10 18:26:07

Sofitel in Taba Heights is fabulous. We went when DD was 18 months old. I think we had some vaccinations.

jinglebellssantasmells Thu 30-Dec-10 11:23:44

lilred- we have been to sofitel in taba it was beautiful, think it was where DD was conceived lol

Jagsy Thu 30-Dec-10 11:38:51

we went to sharm in march this year with 18mth dd, no jabs required as long as you don't leave the resort. We stayed at the baron resort hotel which has its own beach (some hotels don't so check), excellent service, had a great pool and activities for children. and only 20 mins transfer time from airport!

LilRedWG Thu 30-Dec-10 16:01:58

:-) Jinglebells - maybe a nice nostalgic return then.

Rebeccaruby Thu 30-Dec-10 16:21:40

We went to Sharm, and stayed at the Halumy, which was good, for other people who might be reading here, but it has 130 steps to get down to the town or back up to the hotel, so not for a toddler.

Don't worry about going all inclusive necessarily, as there are lots of places to eat where the food is good, and cheap.

The snorkelling is great, but there were some shark attacks there about three weeks ago which made the news here and they closed the beaches to all but paddling. A bit worrying as two weeks before we had been there, and I was snorkelling in about 20 feet of water shock.

Not sure what the situation is now but I would be wary, but if you only want to take your DC into the water at toddler depth it should be fine.

No jabs as far as I'm aware.

jinglebellssantasmells Thu 30-Dec-10 17:26:09

thanks for your replys everyone, think it is a toss up between the reef oasis blue resort, sultans gardens or sofitel taba

LilRedWG Thu 30-Dec-10 23:55:14

They really couldn't do enough for DD at the Sofitel and the cot they provided was a beautiful wooden one, with a comfy mattress.

rockinhippy Fri 31-Dec-10 00:09:53

not Sharm, but Hurgada, though quite a few years back, I've heard its stilll good.....the Sun Resort Hotel (or was it Sunsetconfused.....I would definitely recomend that with a toddler, DD was 2,1/2 at the time, & we had fantastic holiday, the hotel complex even had its own secure lagoon, snorkled daily whilst she fed the fish from a blow up see through bottomed boat we bought there, play park & Camels on the beach, great food & the staff loved kids, she was officially to young for their kids club, but they would come & take her to play anyway, can't fault the place

rockinhippy Fri 31-Dec-10 00:13:47

oh & definitely no jabs, we've often been to Egypt, but prefer South Sinai & Dahab area now DDs a bit older

rockinhippy Fri 31-Dec-10 00:29:50

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297549-d302796 -Reviews-SUNRISE_Holidays_Resort-Hurghada_Red_Sea_ and_Sinai.html

Sorry, wrong name,blush itsSUNRISE, info & photos in the link

jinglebellssantasmells Fri 31-Dec-10 08:52:48

thanks everyone, i am checking deals everyday and waiting till a good deal comes up on the one of the hotels, as usual its all down to me DP is leaving me to it, he must trust my choices

WisteriaWoman Sat 01-Jan-11 11:03:15

We went for Mark Warner near Sharm El Sheik and it was great as they have a kids club - especially as we were on our honeymoon! You should be able to get a good deal if you go outside school holidays.

jinglebellssantasmells Sat 01-Jan-11 11:59:34

thanks wisteria, i think mark warner only fly from london

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: