Talk

Advanced search

Beach holiday for a bored 4 y.o.?

(10 Posts)
MariaBN6 Wed 22-Dec-10 21:40:25

Hello everyone,

We are very keen on a beach holiday next summer, we had one last summer and enjoyed it as a family. However, our 4 y.o.DD1 was so bored and upset, it was quite hard to bear.
We rented a flat in Spain through a holiday rentals web-site, but the thing is there wasn't much to do with kids, it was a tiny place with a couple of paygrounds and obviously the beach (which was great, to be honest), but that was it. She couldn't really make friends on the beach because they were all Spanish and spoke no English whatsoever.
Can anyone recommend a place where there's things to do with kids of 4-5 y.o.? We can't afford a hotel with children's clubs and so on,I'm rather looking for a similar arrangement I had last year only in a place where you can go somewhere in the afternoon to entertain your child. Am open to suggestions too.
Thanks a lot! Will really appreciate some advice.

rookiemater Wed 22-Dec-10 21:56:24

Have you thought about Eurocamp or Thomson Al Fresco, cheaper than a hotel but with kids clubs and close to the beach. It is what we are thinking of doing this summer.

PrincessScrumpy Wed 22-Dec-10 22:00:48

We went to Son Baulo in Majorca. It was a hotel with kids club and ended up half board but cheaper than renting a flat and going self catering which is what we were looking at. Booked through Thomson.

Beach is really safe and there's a lake at the back of the beach where DD used a net to catch fish lots.

Food good - we even had lunch at hotel as it was so reasonable.

We really want to go back summer after next. It cost about £1,300 for 3 of us but that was in August.

PrincessScrumpy Wed 22-Dec-10 22:01:54

We considered a caravan in Brittany with Keycamp but again Majorca was cheaper.

Pantofino Wed 22-Dec-10 22:02:55

We've done holidays with Siblu and Canvas. We have one dd and she LOVES the kids clubs. Plus they meet other children there and get together in the pool etc later.

I personally would prefer not staying in mobile homes, but for the money and the facilites, you can't beat it when the children are smallish.

Last year dd had a go on the water walker, like a giant inflated hamster ball in/on the pool. She STILL talks about it.

MariaBN6 Thu 23-Dec-10 11:22:42

Thanks very much rookiemater, PrincessScrumpy and Pantofino. I looked at all these options and they are considerably more expensive than what we spent last year. The rent was £920 for 4 weeks for a 2 bed flat with 2 bathrooms, flights were £800 for 3 adults, 1 child and 1 baby, food was about £600 altogether (but we cooked at home). Will keep looking... Was quite surprised that the camping is quite pricey.

SaggyHairyArse Thu 23-Dec-10 12:56:47

We went twith Eurocamp to Ca'Savio near Venice, it was about £800 for 2 weeks and then we paid £350 for flights and food on top. It was a cheap holiday for a family of 5.

Lovely beach, very safe, lots of childrens activities, really nice little town. Couldn't ask for more really.

panettoinydog Thu 23-Dec-10 13:13:32

Check matthews holidays. Cheap, kid s love it.

JustAnother Thu 23-Dec-10 14:15:24

I went with my son (who speaks Spanish) to Javea in Spain last year. I was hoping he'd meet some Spanish children at the beach and get some language practise. Well, nothing further from reality. EVERYONE was English,so he spoke English all the time. So maybe that's an option for you.

JustAnother Thu 23-Dec-10 14:16:33

check this if you want to check prices in Javea. www.aguilarent.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now