Talk

Advanced search

what is the liklihood of me making my flight from Heathrow on Wed?

(6 Posts)
banana87 Sun 19-Dec-10 14:31:18

Heathrow remains closed Weather forcast not great, with snow the mon, tues, wed. What do you think is the liklihood of me making my flight on Wednesday to the USA? Do they tend to fly more planes in situations like these, or what happens to the passengers meant to fly yesterday and today??

gregssausageroll Sun 19-Dec-10 18:21:16

My understanding is that if there are flights that can go on say Wednesday they will go with the passengers booked on to them.

For those who have had cancellations today etc they will be booked onto next available flights. If all clear by Wednesday you would be first to go before those cancelled at the weekend. Hope this makes sense.

MABS Sun 19-Dec-10 18:34:59

totally correct gregsosroll

mumoverseas Mon 20-Dec-10 09:04:55

well Heathrow is open today and looking at BMI, they have cancelled around 70% of their flights today but the ones that are going appear to be the long haul ones. Hopefully banana, this gives you slightly better odds.
Fingers crossed for you. Who are you flying with?

banana87 Mon 20-Dec-10 12:06:37

Thanks Mum. I am going Delta. The flight we are meant to be on is cancelled today But fingers crossed things continue to improve as we should be fine by Wednesday. Does anyone know if they will refund our money if we can't fly? I have an alternative plan of flying with another airline out of Gatwick on Xmas day, but would need my money back from our original flights first.

mumoverseas Mon 20-Dec-10 12:48:19

banana vacationmummy just posted something really useful about this on another thread in (I think) general travel advice. Will have a look for it. It had lots of info ref cancelling and re-booking etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: