Talk

Advanced search

Staying one night in Lapland - luggage advice needed

(4 Posts)
Pennies Wed 15-Dec-10 16:19:06

We're heading to Lapland on Friday (just as the snow comes to the UK hmm) and I'm in a quandary about how best to pack.

Any chance I can do the whole thing with just hand luggage? I thought that if I put the kids in snow suits etc on the plane (get them to strip down to thermals after take off) then I could put the rest of our stuff in smaller bags. I was only thinking of a pair of jeans, pyjamas, a change of undies and basic toiletries for one night.

What would you suggest?

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 15-Dec-10 17:37:55

Bit tricky because of the rules re liquids.

Toiletries like toothpaste are going to be subject to the 100ml rule so putting these in your hand luggage may well cause that to be removed by security.

Also jeans are next to useless to wear in a cold climate.

Pennies Wed 15-Dec-10 18:20:58

Well, I was thinking jeans for the evening inside. We'll be wearing ski gear when we're outside.

I've got travel sized bottles of the relevant lotions and potions that we need.

RadioLater Sat 18-Dec-10 22:41:56

Hi hope you had a lovely time! I am hoping you can share as we are hoping to go next week to Lapland (depending weather!!) Any tips, please tell!? We are staying in Rovaneimi.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: