Talk

Advanced search

Help - need ideal Holiday with a 6 month old in FEB

(4 Posts)
bigbadwritersblock Thu 02-Dec-10 18:55:43

Hi

I know this is probably dependent on the parents but just wondered if anyone has been there done it and would say yes go or no don't do it

options so far are (two weeks)

Hong Kong for a few days then Bali
Mauritius
Maldives
Caribbean (prob. st lucia or Barbados)

or

walking holiday in UK and a trip to Norway to visit friends and perhaps ski but can't imagine I would use a sitter so skiing on my own and dh on his own (not much fun!!)

Rome for a week?

or any other ideas

Thanks it’s our first DC so we haven't a clue what we will feel like doing. DS isn't sitting etc yet so can’t imagine he'll be crawling in Jan/Feb

cheers.....

gordonpym Thu 02-Dec-10 19:51:02

Bali is great, my big favorite, but quite far, even with a stopover in HK. I would say Caribbean. I have done Jamaica, Santo Domingo, Curaçao and Isla Margherita with my DC. Curaçao is not so typically nice but the safest for water, food, ..., Santo DOmingo is gorgeous but with Cholera in Haiti, I wouldn't go.
Maldives is fantastic, but stay on a big island, you don't want a doctor to be too far away
It may rain in Rome for a whole week in february.

MyLittleOwls Thu 02-Dec-10 19:57:53

South Africa, guaranteed sun and no jet lag problems?

headinclouds101 Mon 06-Dec-10 18:43:48

I have taken a small baby to the Far East before and it was fine.
However do seriously consider SA. We travel all over the world regularly with kids in tow. The small time differnce therefore no jet lag is not to be sneezed at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now