Talk

Advanced search

Last family holiday...

(7 Posts)
higgle Thu 02-Dec-10 11:37:44

Next year is likely to be our last big family holiday as DS1 now at Uni and DS2 talking about going away with friends before he goes to Uni the year after. I really want to make 2011 a good holiday for everyone but am finding very little enthusiasm for the ones that have worked best in the past - house with pool in France or a return to La Gomera where we all enjoyed the beaches and walking. So, not too hot, plenty to do but not resorty and we are veggie so need to be able to eat out without too much hassle. We need a beach for some of the time but not everyday, like walking and a bit of culture too - budget about £4k for 4 of us for flights and accommodation. Any ideas?

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 02-Dec-10 12:57:57

Oman and the Emirates would be my choice. Oman is beautiful and with lots of Indian people living there, easy to eat veggie. The Emirates are a lot more 'western', but still fabulous.

higgle Fri 03-Dec-10 07:24:33

Thanks, Kreecher - I had thought somewhere very different and more exotice might be good, off to google Oman immediately.

JETS Sat 04-Dec-10 17:49:57

cyprus/?

PinkElephantsOnParade Mon 06-Dec-10 12:50:30

How about a driving holiday across the USA?

higgle Fri 10-Dec-10 16:25:17

Sorry for not getting back sooner. We don't really like US - had holidays there before children and not keen on the American culture. We are thinking of Oman or Jordan and possibly going to Pompei ( which we all want to see ) and then going on somewhere else very peaceful. Thanks for suggestions.

PinkElephantsOnParade Sun 12-Dec-10 01:19:12

Pompeii sounds fascinating. Never thought of that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: