Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for Mexico/Cuba/Caribbean?

(4 Posts)
kara7 Tue 30-Nov-10 20:20:05

We are flying to Australia from the UK in April May and want to do a 1 month adventure somewhere. We have a 1 yr and 4 yr old and need somewhere child-friendly, relatively safe, not requiring a lot of immunisations etc. Can anybody recommend these options - or any new ones?

Figgygirl Mon 13-Dec-10 13:55:43

Hi Kara,
I can't help with this myself, but if you do not receive any useful replies here, I suggest you ask on the Trip Advisor forums for these places. Destination Experts and other regular posters who know those Destinations well can help you.
www.tripadvisor.com

Figgygirl Mon 13-Dec-10 14:03:32

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/

This is the link for the Cuba forum, which is split into different areas/ resorts.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g147270-i91-Cuba.h tml

SaggyHairyArse Mon 13-Dec-10 23:26:09

I stayed on Cozumel with a 1 and 4 year old, we also stayed near Playa del Carmen at Paraiso del Mar on the same trip.

Cozumel was a small island, lots of scuba diving/snorkelling to be done and was very chilled (quiet). You could go to Xcaret, an eco water park, and Chichen Itza easily from both locations.

There was also swimming with dolphins which we did as the FIL wanted to go but it was actually quite scarey for my little ones (very excited dolphin swimming up close) and the baby hated the life jacket - cue screams of terror and discomfort.

I've not been to Cuba, would love to go though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now