Talk

Advanced search

Money no object holiday with 2 DC who hate the sun!

(10 Posts)
chicaguapa Tue 30-Nov-10 09:53:30

Where would you recommend for the summer holidays please?

Ooopsadaisy Tue 30-Nov-10 09:56:24

Britain.

HowsTheSerenity Tue 30-Nov-10 10:03:39

How old are they?
I would head for the southern hemisphere. It is winter then. How about New Zealand or the southern states of Australia (Tasmania or Victoria).
Lots to see and do. Can do skiing, hiking etc

chicaguapa Tue 30-Nov-10 10:05:11

They are 6 & 9 and we are restricted to school holidays as DH is a teacher. Thanks.

HowsTheSerenity Tue 30-Nov-10 10:09:22

Australia or NZ then.
No sun in the bottom half of these two countries over winter.

Figgygirl Sun 05-Dec-10 02:33:09

Why go in summer? We live near the South Coast beaches, so our boys had the beach all summer anyway. We always went skiing in Feb half term, them maybe somewhere for Easter, or in October half term as DS1 also burned easily and did not like hot temperatures.
They both enjoyed Center Parcs for short breaks, and Disneyland Paris.
If you want a longer holiday in summer months, then I agree with HTS.

bumblingbovine Sun 05-Dec-10 03:35:34

Scandinavia? geysers. fjords, mountains, whale watching, whitwatewr rafting and some of the cities are beautiful (Stockholm?)

They have the same summer months as us but summer temperatures are much cooler and it wouldn't be as crowded as sothern Europe in August and not as expensive to get to as NZ though probably more expensive when you are there!

www.taberhols.co.uk/

You can search for summer breaks if you want to go in the summer
www.taberhols.co.uk/search.php?st=10&sel_destinati ons=&sel_holiday=&sel_activity=0&search=&wrd_searc h=&destId=0&holiday_season=3

MrsMills Sun 05-Dec-10 06:58:31

I'd give Sweden a miss in the summer if your children don't like the sun or heat wink

orienteerer Sun 05-Dec-10 07:02:40

I experienced lots of rain & snow in August (a few years ago) in southern Swedengrin.

MrsMills Sun 05-Dec-10 07:10:17

How strange and very unlucky for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now