Talk

Advanced search

Where will my child sleep?

(11 Posts)
toddleco Tue 30-Nov-10 06:29:24

Can anyone help with this? I have a 2 year old and we are going to my best friends wedding abroad next September but have to book the flights/accom now. By then my little girl will be almost 3 so she will be sleeping in her cot bed.
The hotel have cots for up to age 2 but not after that- I'm worried she will fall out of a big bed and onto a tiled hard floor!! Thought about putting cushions around her. Don't want to put her in with us as we will never get her out of our bed again ( its taken us nearly 1 1/2 years to do that!!!!!) Any tips/advice ??

seeker Tue 30-Nov-10 06:32:17

When mine were little, I used to take the matterss off the bed and put it on the floor.

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 30-Nov-10 08:37:25

Or a lilo, they don't take long to inflate.

Ooopsadaisy Tue 30-Nov-10 08:42:45

I'm agree with seeker. That's what we did.

Phone the hotel and see what they can offer - they may have a solution they regularly use.

My dc are older and in our day you could buy a thing that fitted under the mattress to prevent a child falling out.

You'll probably find that by age 3 your dd will be used to beds and won't have a problem.

PatriciaHolm Tue 30-Nov-10 10:51:00

Readybed!

dinkystinky Tue 30-Nov-10 10:52:35

Mattress or readybed on floor.

PinkElephantsOnParade Mon 06-Dec-10 12:57:40

Or you could push bed against wall and use a portable bed gate.

I had one for DS - fitted easily into suitcase, got it from GLTC I think.

Was about 5 yrs ago though.

PinkElephantsOnParade Mon 06-Dec-10 12:58:48

Ooopsadaisy - my Ds still falls out of bed sometimes and he is 9! grin

Nefret Tue 07-Dec-10 11:02:57

If all the beds are in the same room you could push her bed up against yours, she wont be in your bed that way but will be right next to you and less likely to fall out. Although by then she will probably be fine in a big bed anyway.

CaurnieBred Thu 09-Dec-10 11:23:17

I also used to make sure that the sheets were tucked in tight around DD (6). However, she also still falls out of strange beds sometimes. I think this is more to do with the fact that her bed at home has a wooden rim all around it (Ikea) and she subconsciously realises that when she is on the wood she is near the edge and doesn't roll further that way. However, as usual beds don't have this "edge" she just keeps moving until she falls out!

toddleco Thu 09-Dec-10 21:08:50

Thanks for all the advice! Mattress on the floor then worst case scenario, if she isn't ok in a big bed.
thanks again !
jo @ toddleco.com

(mumsnet discount code 'MUMSNET 20')
20% off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now