Talk

Advanced search

Which Caribbean island or part of Mexico has the shortest direct flight?

(7 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 26-Nov-10 14:02:03

Will hopefully be flying from Birmingham but probably only going for a week so the shorter the flight the better. Deciding between the Caribbean and Mexico at the moment.

Has anyone been to either of those places for just a week and was it long enough?

Hersetta Fri 26-Nov-10 14:51:39

Mexico is much longer at nearly 10 hrs. The caribbean island of the Dom Rep, Cuba, Jamaica or Barbados and all around 8 to 8.5 hrs.

retiredgoth2 Fri 26-Nov-10 14:52:40

Barbados I reckon.

Wottknottandmincepies Fri 26-Nov-10 15:13:41

Two things with long haul. Direct and non stop is different to 'direct'. Direct may still mean flight touches down either in the UK or in the Caribbean, but no change of plane.

Gatwick
Barbados direct daily - direct/non stop on some routes. Barbados from Manchester - one day a week only.

Gatwick
Antigua direct daily - direct/non stop on some routes.
St Lucia direct daily - direct/non stop on some routes.

Don't know much about Mexico routes. Manchester flights I know about, but not Birmingham - nappyaddict which airline?

BA can book you all the way through via Gatwick - 2 flights.

nappyaddict Fri 26-Nov-10 15:25:40

So will direct be a much longer flight than non-stop?

Wottknottandmincepies Fri 26-Nov-10 15:30:52

If it stops, it can add approx and hour, so non-stop is always quicker at about 8 to 8.5 hours. Non stop can be under 8 hours on return, quicker due to tradewinds. Sometimes flights only touchdown one way, not always both ways. Ask the tour operator or travel agent to confirm.

Wottknottandmincepies Fri 26-Nov-10 15:33:18

I'd just go anyway. Bloody lovely the Caribbean. At least you don't have to swim there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now