Talk

Advanced search

Hotels that offer baby food around the UK??

(11 Posts)
AnxiousAuntie Fri 26-Nov-10 10:34:45

Hi! My sister is coming to the UK with her baby and I'm frantically trying to sort everything out. Are there any hotels that offer organic baby food or do I have to buy it and take in with me?? I'm the anxious aunt and godmother and it will be the first time my sister travels internationally so I'm keen to make it look easy. Any advice welcome. I want to show them as much of the UK as possible. Thank you :O

brimfull Fri 26-Nov-10 10:37:30

I'm sure any decent hotel would puree food for a baby , whether it would be organic or not depends on hotel menu I think.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 26-Nov-10 10:38:37

Won't the baby just eat 'normal' food? We stayed various places when DS was small and he ate from the children's menu.
Obviously you will want to choose somewhere that doesn't think that under 10's only each chips and chicken nuggets!!

gregssausageroll Fri 26-Nov-10 10:45:51

How old is the baby? I have never seen a hotel worldwide that provides jars. They may well be able to puree something for her but as the above poster said something from the menu may not be organic.

Is she BLW? That would make things very easy otherwise you are looking at premade jars/tubs from boots or the supermakets.

BranchingOut Fri 26-Nov-10 10:53:55

How old is the baby?

We travelled to Asia when my son had just turned 8 months old (staying in hotels so no cooking facilities) and took a Beaba Babycook steamer/blender in our luggage, plus a few bowls and storage containers.

He wasn't eating wheat, dairy or egg at that point so we were slightly restricted, but we used the Babycook to steam and blend up fruit and veg in our room, plus pieces of cooked chicken breast etc that we had ordered from the hotel. He also ate finger food (fruit and veg from our salads and deserts) plus the occasional Plum sachet. We also took a packet of baby porridge in our luggage, so he had this for breakfast each day.

It required a bit of thought each day but overall worked out fine.

AnxiousAuntie Fri 26-Nov-10 11:47:52

Thanks !! She will be 5 months when they arrive here. My sister is thinking of packing loads of stuff but I said she can save the space - we are a first world country after all!!

JenaiMarrsTartanFoxCube Fri 26-Nov-10 12:30:26

has she actually started weaning? Current guidance is to start from around 6 months, so maybe your dn won't need any food afterall.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 26-Nov-10 13:12:10

She doesn't need food to begin with then does she if she's only 5 months?

Where is your sister travelling from, because it isn't like we don't have food here grin

AnxiousAuntie Fri 26-Nov-10 14:37:30

Tell me about it - from South Africa. Third to first world is what I keep telling her!! Thanks so much people for the advice!!!

MisSalLaneous Fri 26-Nov-10 21:06:45

The quality of good hotels in UK and South Africa are similar.

A 5 month old won't eat a lot yet anyway, so you could always keep a couple of Ella pouches in your luggage in case you need something.

Fresh01 Sat 27-Nov-10 21:58:44

Go to your local large supermarket and get some of the Plum or Ella's Kitchen (think they are both organic) resealable pouches of pureed food, they will be in the Baby Section. Starting solids varies from 4-6 months but many of the pouches say suitable from 4 months. The fruit pouches can be given cold and if you don't heat the pouch and put what you need into a bowl, one pouch will last a few days with the quantity I am guessing a 5 month old will eat - mine didn't start solids till 6 months.

I remember being in your position with my brother in law visiting with a 3 and a 5 year old before we had kids!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: