Talk

Advanced search

What to do with 3 year old in Amsterdam?

(8 Posts)
babymutha Mon 22-Nov-10 20:02:07

wahey.
DH is going for a MH conference next week so I and my delightful (ahem) DD (3) are going to be bumming around all day by ourselves. Last time I went to A/dam I was young and carefree and had a blimin wonderful time, but, other than the Van Gogh museum, I shan't be repeating any of my experiences..... ahem, ahem.

janinlondon Tue 23-Nov-10 14:25:08

NEMO is good. Canal trip? Flower market?

mollyroger Tue 23-Nov-10 14:33:41

from memory, there seemed to be a lot of squares with foundtains to look at
Hire a bike with a kid seat
Lovely Vondelpark park with duck pond and cafe and adventure playground
Rijksmuseum has kids tours
Tropenmuseum is big and fun
Artis Zoo!

this place should just about sort you

mollyroger Tue 23-Nov-10 14:35:00

last time I went, I spent all weekend wishing my kids were with me as there seemed so much to do and see with them.
Just eating pancakes or chips with mayo is nice...

IguanoMum Sat 27-Nov-10 14:27:13

There's a nice zoo, and the flower market is very nice and colorful too!

Mmmhhh... chips with mayo... (drooling)

babymutha Sun 05-Dec-10 11:17:24

thank you all - we had a brilliant time. Nemo and bubbles were fantastic, the library was brilliant - toys! books in english! amazing views and great restaurant, and molly roger tun fun was the best fun ever. She even slept for 2 hours while I went round the van gogh museum with an audio guide. I love amsterdam. Even at -6C, without a bicycle. grin

Sheerer1 Thu 09-Dec-10 06:59:05

hey! good to know you enjoyed yourself so much! i was thinking of going my self over new years, but im not so sure yet. have any of you ever heard of someone or know someone who rented a studio in amsterdam before? i would really like to try that out, but don't know how that is. any advice ywould be great, thx!

babymutha Tue 14-Dec-10 23:22:03

look on www.airbnb.com - we stayed in the 'Amsterdam Eco Apartment' (not particularly eco - but a brilliant place to stay nontheless).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now