Talk

Advanced search

anyone taken a baby to mexico? do i need to worry about the water/food?

(4 Posts)
missytequila Fri 12-Nov-10 21:18:30

my baby will be 8 months and i am worried about the food/water situation...

has anyone done this or have advice? also she is mix fed...how do i find out what kind of formula they have there?

chandra Fri 12-Nov-10 21:27:11

Which are are you going to? not all areas have problems with water.

They have exactly the same brands of formula as here, as well as the same brands of nappies. But they are not quite the same (you will find differences even if you were only venturing to France). I normally would take formula with us when travelling, not really worth it to waste the holidays trying to find one that baby will accept.

Kekke Tue 16-Nov-10 00:34:30

I'm in Central America with a 7 month old and it's fine. We use Aptimil but's it's branded under another name. There are about 8 kinds of formula available, so I am pretty sure you will find one which suits. We use mineral water that I boil before using.

As Chnandra said, all the nappies etc are the same, you can choose Pampers, Huggies etc.

There is always lots of fruit available - apples, plums, pears, mango, papaya etc.

Have a good trip!

Monty27 Tue 16-Nov-10 00:45:44

I took 11 month old to Argentina/Paraguay/Brazil for a month's trip, took formula with me, she ate/drank stuff there happily just as we were

(I don't know if you could take powdered formula there now as dd is 17 now) but as above, they will have it there.

Enjoy your trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now