Talk

Advanced search

Highchairs in Barcelona /

(4 Posts)
Cyrli Thu 11-Nov-10 11:56:59

We are off to Barcelona in a few weeks time and I was wondering if I should take a booster seat or do cafes generally have highchairs? Any other tips about taking a baby and preschooler to Barcelona would be very welcome!

oranges Thu 11-Nov-10 12:01:08

Barcelona is comically baby friendly. Lots of fab shops selling wonderful baby clothes too. And there are little parks dotted about. CAfes may well not have highchairs, though, so a booster seat may be a good idea if its not too bulky.

Cyrli Thu 11-Nov-10 13:35:23

Thanks oranges - very pleased to hear it's baby friendly, should have checked that before booking!

gordonpym Sun 14-Nov-10 11:16:21

Barcelona is just marvelous with children. There are plenty of things to do and see. Tourists just hang around the Ramblas, which I think is just a pity as the true Barcelona isn't there. With a toddler I would recommend the Labyrinth Park, which is a little bit far away on the hills, but it's really worth it. Take the green line and get off at El Mundet, then it is a 5 min walk. The entrance is free on Wednesdays and Sundays, otherwise you'll have to pay a very small fee 2 or 3 euros.
The Science Museum is a must for any child in Barcelona. Line 7 till Avinguda Tibidabo and then again a small walk (uphill) or the bus. Even a baby will enjoy the huge aquarium. There is a cafeteria and very nice self service restaurant with kids menu.
Concerning Highchairs, the big chains will have them, but the nicest cafés won't. If you need a break around plaza Catalunya, go inside the big Corte Ingles (kind of Harrods), and take the lift till the 9th floor, at the far end on your right, there is a self service café for a cup of tea. The view is amazing and it is quite calm (except at 2pm lunch time in spain).
Another, most hidden and quiet place, in the heart of Barcelona is the vegetarian restaurant Vegetalia calle Jovellanos. Lots of veggies, a soup, pasta...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: