Talk

Advanced search

Paris with kids? are we mad?

(13 Posts)
Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 19-Sep-10 21:27:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoalFace Sun 19-Sep-10 21:28:29

No - PAris is an amazing city without Disney getting involved. LOADS to do with children. Hold on..will check something...

CoalFace Sun 19-Sep-10 21:33:59

Look at Sawdays special place to stay website and select Paris with child friendly option in search terms (kid skipping symbol.)

exexpat Sun 19-Sep-10 23:38:36

I've done it twice as single parent with two DCs (first time aged 4 and 8, second time aged 7 and 12) and had a great time both times with no Disney involved. We stayed in a short-term rental apartment both times which gave us more space and flexibility (though obviously no room service etc).

There are also suite-style hotels that might work - I haven't stayed in any of the Paris ones, but used a Novotel Suitehotel in Lille this summer which was perfect for staying with DCs - large room, double plus two single beds, fridge and microwave, wifi, all very modern.

There's a Cadogan guide to Paris and Disneyland) with kids which is good, though might be slightly out of date unless they have done a new edition recently.

frenchfancy Mon 20-Sep-10 06:33:54

We had a great weekend in Paris with children. We rented an appartment rather than staying in a hotel as it gave is much more flexibility.

PatriciaHolm Mon 20-Sep-10 09:56:38

We stay here which is an aparthotel 10mins walk from the Eiffel Tower. Great location and good rooms.

miffyjane Mon 20-Sep-10 10:12:38

We spent a night at novotel gare de lyon. The children were given teddies on arrival and there was a children's menu in the restaurant. It had a swimming pool but we didn't have time to use it. The rooms were adequate (one double bed and one double sofa bed like premier inn) but not that spacious and slightly dated. I think it is approx £100 a night which didn't seem bad for being in the heart of Paris. I'm not sure if they have a larger room size.

gordonpym Mon 20-Sep-10 20:25:25

In Paris , we always stay at the Hotel Clos Medicis. It is really close to the Jardin du Luxembourg, and close to the Sorbonne, St Germain etc...
Paris is great, children love la Tour Eiffel, the science museum La vilette, , ALL the parks (Tuileries, Jardin des Plantes, le Luxembourg),
there are plenty of nice small restaurants, Bistrots.
How old are your DC?

Herecomesthesciencebint Mon 20-Sep-10 21:16:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roomfor5 Sun 26-Sep-10 23:54:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

enia Sat 25-Jun-11 09:58:18

Looking to celebrate a special birthday in Paris this August. Want to go for long weekend and stay in a child friendly, reasonably upmarket hotel or aparthotel, preferably near St Germain de Pres area ? also interested to know of places suitable for celebration dinner for about 10 people incl 3yr old .....is that possible in Paris ?

Figgygirl Mon 27-Jun-11 14:47:36

enia,
You would be better asking this as a new question, rather than under the title about Paris with kids.
Or ask on the Trip Advisor Paris forum, where Paris experts can help you. If you scroll through their topic questions there will probably be some very much like yours.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187147-i14-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

enia Fri 01-Jul-11 14:30:25

Will do - many thanks for your advice - am complete novice at this!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: