Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

recommendation for a day out

(6 Posts)
PeachyClair Sat 20-Aug-05 14:10:58

OK, I'm being abit evangelical about this today, but it's the time of year it takes over my life (we're all involved except DS3, who is on next year) so I am telling everyone to come have a look! It's the biggest of it's type in Europe, takes four hours and costs hundreds of thousands to create- and virtually no-one knows about us all! So here you go...

somerset spectacular

PeachyClair Sat 20-Aug-05 18:50:06

Whizzz Sat 20-Aug-05 18:54:42

Wow that looks amazing !

PeachyClair Sun 21-Aug-05 15:54:09

Hooray! Someone looked! It is amazing- been involved for six years, Dh has won with his club something like 9 times but we have a small kids club now. bridgwater is the biggest but for visitors I would recommend North Petherton, more floats 9as some clubs visit that day) and it doesn't take the four hours of Bridgwater as it is a shorter, straighter route! Hey all you weekend m-netters- come look, please?

cod Sun 21-Aug-05 15:55:56

Message withdrawn

PeachyClair Sun 21-Aug-05 16:05:27

Loads of people in Somerset form clubs, build carnival floats (between 1 and 45 K each, which they have to raise) and then they form a massive carnival parade on certain Autumn evenings to display it all, with some heavy competition. It's on Autumn evenings coz the carts have up to 30,000 light bulbs each, and it needs to be dark to really show it off. it's great fun to be part of, because there is a huge community spirit built around it- everyone involved knows everyone, and that's great! We're in a newish (last yar) club called Rascals, DH was in a club called Masqueraders for over a decade, they win pretty much everything which got a bit boring!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now