Talk

Advanced search

a place where they entertain the kids like Woolley Grange?

(8 Posts)
MummyPig Fri 19-Aug-05 15:15:13

dp and I want to go away for a couple of nights with the kids, but somewhere there is lots for them to do and we don't have to worry about them. Somewhere not too far from Birmingham or London because we are combining it with a trip to my family. Woolley Grange looks wonderful but is booked up. Any other ideas??

tia

janinlondon Fri 19-Aug-05 15:37:44

http://www.calcotmanor.co.uk/

Whizzz Fri 19-Aug-05 15:43:07

There's a link on the home page

here with a few more ideas

bluesky Fri 19-Aug-05 18:30:44

I would have said Calcot too.

Whizzz Fri 19-Aug-05 18:33:38

Calcot looks soooo expensive ! (but lovely)

bluesky Fri 19-Aug-05 18:59:01

problem is you need to pay through the nose for someone to look after your children and for you to feel that you have had a relaxing break!

Whizzz Fri 19-Aug-05 19:01:48

I agree. We went to the Old Bell in Malmesbury a few years back - it was expensive (especially as we went over Easter) BUT worth every penny.

I think its all changed there now though

MummyPig Sat 20-Aug-05 01:41:20

Sorry everyone, I posted before looking at the homepage recommendations . But thanks for your replies and I shall do some calling around tomorrow.

Whizz, I have looked at the Old Bell website - they don't say anything about activities for young kids (under 5s). Is that what you mean by it all having changed? Or do you have older kids anyway?

I'm looking forward to a break wherever we end up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: