Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hotels rooms with toddler!!!!!

(7 Posts)
purplehaze Fri 19-Aug-05 10:57:23

Hi were going on holiday to sardinia this year with our 19th month toddler. I'm a bit worried about being in 1 hotel room as he normally sleeps in his own room. Just wondered if any of you can give me some advise on how to make it easier!!! I was thinking of taking a sheet to pin up so it closes him of a bit (i know crazy idea)

They have also offered a 1 bedroom bungalow with a terrace.

Thanks
XXXX

evesmama Fri 19-Aug-05 10:59:26

what about a room divider/wind breaker thingy??so he cant see you and put him as far away(within a safe distance) of the room your in so noise etc is minimal?hth

helsy Fri 19-Aug-05 10:59:49

I think I'd go for the bungalow - if you only have the terrace it's somewhere to escape to and if there are two rooms he can wibble about more easily - you'd have to check how safe the terrace was though.

Waswondering Fri 19-Aug-05 11:35:12

Snap! I'm worried about this too - we go to Cuba in Jan for a week and DS has never slept in our room, but will be with us for a week. I too had wondered about the sheet idea but wasn't sure how to do it or if it would be crazy.

I too would like some advice. . .

mancmum Fri 19-Aug-05 11:38:06

main prob I found is what do you do when they have gone to bed at 8-9 -- too early for you and don't want full lights on... and stiiting on bed until 12 is quite dull... I would go for bungalow as you could have a separate sitting area for whenhe is in bed...

purplehaze Fri 19-Aug-05 12:02:36

Hi well just booked it and requested a bungalow!!! they were really nice I explained i was worried about evenings and they said a bungelow would be better as even though same as a hotel room you do have the patio so you can sit outside.

When I go to stay at my nans for the odd night he sleeps in a travel cot in my room and although he sleeps ok he wakes in the night or early and see me so wants to get up!!!! I think I'm going to hunt around for some kind of divider!!!

God my husband already thinks I'm nuts he'll go mad when he sees me trying to pack a great big divider!!!!

I'll keep you posted.

please keep sending any tips

thanks

XXX

bluesky Fri 19-Aug-05 18:33:52

When ours were smaller, one of us would do the story etc, whilst the other would 'hide' in the bathroom, relax in a bath - bliss. So it really felt quiet and bedtimey for them, dim lights etc, yes mummy and daddy are getting ready for bed too. Then either lights out or dimmed, until they are asleep, and then we tended to read with the bedside lights on. We found they always fell asleep quicker on holiday, knackered from the day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now