Talk

Advanced search

Shareable TO DO list - any recommedations?

(12 Posts)
YouDoughnut Tue 10-Nov-09 11:16:11

I'm looking for an online task list that I can share with DH and possibly a work colleague. DH and I will be getting an iphone soon so perhaps something that has an app for that. Any recommendations?

WebDude Tue 10-Nov-09 16:02:30

Not having an iPhone, will stick with what I know...

Google offers a number of applications / features, one of which is Google Documents (allows the sharing of spreadsheets and other types of document, inc wp docs.)

Had not tried out their Calendar function before, but just signed in and that also has a Tasks facility, which might be ideal for you

How well these would work via iPhone I cannot comment, however...

At least having it on the web would mean no synchronisation problems between yourselves and the work colleague, and you have control over who can access it, so makes it available to logged in users (yourselves, colleague) and yet available worldwide (anywhere you can find a browser, really, from Mac, Linux, and any other operating system offering net access).

YouDoughnut Tue 10-Nov-09 16:53:54

Thanks webdude. I use Google calendar regulary and it is very good. You can share the calendars so that's very handy, but unfortunately their task list is not shareable.

Google docs however, I found a pain to use. I use spreadsheets a lot but can't seem to be able to work it all out in Google docs. Can't filter/sort, etc. so i've had to give that up and I'm now using DropBox. Early stages but seems okay so far.

MrAnchovy Tue 10-Nov-09 23:30:40

One of these?

Pay for a fully integrated collaboration service like Basecamp?

Of for something less structred, but free, start a private Google (or Yahoo) Group and create a page with your To Do list on it.

YouDoughnut Wed 11-Nov-09 09:21:21

That's a useful list, thanks. It seems very rare to offer an iphone app and collaboration. I found zenbe yesterday which looks good too.

Basecamp seems quite expensive for what I need.

Thanks for the suggestions.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Wed 11-Nov-09 18:13:20

I've used tada to share lists and it works well.
According to their website it works on an iphone.

YouDoughnut Wed 11-Nov-09 18:20:34

Thansk aJUPB, just had a quick look. Can you add the date something needs to be done by? I can't see that on their website.

BTW, are you all dads then? Bit depressing that the Geeky section has mainly men contributing.

Snorbs Wed 11-Nov-09 21:29:45

I use Remember The Milk. It's free, very quick and easy to use, and there is support for all sorts of mobile devices.

YouDoughnut Wed 11-Nov-09 21:53:23

Hi Snorbs. I know RTM has very good reviews and I had signed up for it, but you can only sync it to a mobile if you pay the premium, and I'm not sure it's worth it if I can find something for free.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Wed 11-Nov-09 22:41:44

I'm a jumpeduppantrygirl really!

I think you can add the date, (can't remember my user name to log in and check and I haven't used it for a while) I know you can move the items on the list around according to priority.

YouDoughnut Wed 11-Nov-09 22:47:06

smile

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Wed 11-Nov-09 22:53:17

I've just logged in and you can't add the date as a separate thing, but there is no limit on the characters of any list item and the text wraps automatically to the next line.
So I guess you could type the date at the end (or start) of the item, or arrnage the list in order of priority.

Thank you for reminding me about this - I've just made a long list for myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now