Talk

Advanced search

I want a dock for my i-phone. Anybody got the bose sound dock or could recommend something else?

(24 Posts)
LordVetinarisApprentice Sun 08-Nov-09 21:34:15

Money no object .... <falls about laughing>
But really...I don't want to buy something crappy and end up wishing I'd spent a few pounds more. Any recommendations please?

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 21:40:30

allegedly the ipig is v comparable. reviews are good. i have one on the way.........

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 21:41:19

money is an issue for em though but if it wasnt it would have to be the bose....

Wheelybug Sun 08-Nov-09 21:43:02

We have a bose sound dock and its fine - woudln't rave about it but its fine. But, we have just replaced it in our downstairs with a sony air system which is a wireless system so you can have different speakers in different rooms all running off one ipod.

herbietea Sun 08-Nov-09 21:43:23

Message withdrawn

TeamEdward Sun 08-Nov-09 21:44:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ingles2 Sun 08-Nov-09 21:44:39

I've got the bose sound dock and it's really good. The sound is great and it looks all right as well.

LordVetinarisApprentice Sun 08-Nov-09 21:48:58

Please come and feedback on it Nappy, I did see a thread about those the other day. Reviews on amazon were very good but I think they look a bit creepy (sorry!)
Herbie - my budget is up to £200 so those are a bit out of my league sad
Wheely - what aren't you that impressed with? I thought Bose was supposed to be the dog's wotsits.

TE and Ingles - which versions do you have?

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 21:52:22

I agree they look a bit odd or childish - i am told the sound is fab which is the main thing though. I ordered a white piggy so hopefully it will get lost in my white walls!

teenyweenytadpole Sun 08-Nov-09 21:54:32

We have one by Klipsch, got off amazon for about 60 quid, it's great and apparantly better than Bose - got for ipod but assume would also work for iphone

abroadandmisunderstood Sun 08-Nov-09 21:57:03

We have the B&W Zeppelin for my iTouch. It's gorgeous, packs a mean punch of sound and is 4yo and 20mo friendly so far.

It's very sexy!

TeamEdward Sun 08-Nov-09 21:58:23

LordVetinarisApprentice Sun 08-Nov-09 22:00:38

I haven't heard of Klipsch Teeny - thanks for the recommendation. There are only a couple of reviews on amazon but they are glowing too.

Gah! It's at this point I need to go onto Moondog's thread, there's too much choice! grin

TeamEdward Sun 08-Nov-09 22:01:01

LordVetinarisApprentice Sun 08-Nov-09 22:04:35

I do love the simple, solid look of the bose <wavers>

shopalot Sun 08-Nov-09 22:05:04

I have a soundock 1 which is brilliant. You really can't beat it. You need to get the soundock 2 for an iphone as the soundock 1 will not charge your iphone whilst it is playing which ios frankly annoying.

Bear Mon 09-Nov-09 16:27:13

A much cheaper and IMHO every bit as good option is the Altec Lansing inMotionT612 and it's shielded from radio interference so you don't need to switch the phone to airplane mode when you've got it in. I think the sound is great for a single unit and it gets really good reviews across the board. £111 on Amazon atm. When the phone rings when it's in the unit the audio fades and you can take the call check it out

LordVetinarisApprentice Mon 09-Nov-09 20:22:45

I like the look of that one Bear. Do you actually have one yourself? The reviews are good. Did you compare it to the likes of Bose or did you buy on the basis of the reviews (if you do have one!)
Thanks.

Bear Tue 10-Nov-09 21:29:35

Nope I don't have one yet - it's on my Amazon wishlist - but no b*gger's bought it for me yet! But I have listened to it side by side with the Bose and IMHO it's just as good (especially when you consider you're listening to mp3s on a single unit - not FLACs on a pair of top of the range speakers). And it's, what, a third of the price? No brainer. If you have the 3GS iPhone you need an insert adapter - you might need to get that from Altec Lansing direct. Oh and it's wall-mountable, if that floats your boat.

Bear out

LordVetinarisApprentice Wed 11-Nov-09 18:27:02

Bear I've bought it! It's been despatched apparently. Will report back when it arrives. Am v. excited <saddo>

Lord V's Ap Out
grin

Bear Thu 12-Nov-09 09:26:20

Woo hoo!

no pressure on Bear then gulp

No, am sure it will be fine - think of the wine you can buy with the money you've saved from not buying the Bose, if wine's your bag. If not, loads of tracks & apps on iTunes to listen to on your new speakers

LordVetinarisApprentice Thu 12-Nov-09 16:41:15

It has arrived (well done Amazon!) and it's bloody fab! Obviously can't compare to the Bose but the sound quality compared to my old Logic3 is superb. Looks really sleek too, solid but not too flash (didn't like the weird shape of the Zepplin) DC and I have had a good dance around to some of our favourite tracks and even very loud blush the sound holds up. I would definitely recommend for sound quality and price (@£111 on amazon)
Thanks for all the suggestions, Nappy - has your ipig arrived? Report please!

<passes Bear massive chocolate cake>

grin

MmeLindt Thu 12-Nov-09 16:43:05

Oh, I was just coming on to recommend the Altec Lansing one. I bought it in the summer and it is really good value for money. We had it cranked right up for DH's birthday party and it sounded great.

Bear Thu 12-Nov-09 21:00:55

phew! really glad you like it - just hope Santa sorts me out with mine (best make sure he has the link to my Amazon wish list).

don't eat chocolate cake thanks - large glass of wine ought to do it though

to many happy years with your T612, cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now