Talk

Advanced search

Right click not working

(5 Posts)
wuglet Sun 08-Nov-09 12:26:55

Help me oh knowledgeable ones!
I have a fairly new (<1yr) Dell inspiron laptop. It has an integral touchpad mouse.
For some reason the right click no longer works.
I have tried ctrl-alt-delete and turning it on and off again so have now exhausted my extensive list of "how to solve computer problems" and it still doesn't work!

If you don't know the answer I would still be grateful if someone could tell me the keystrokes for copy and paste.

Thanks

onagar Sun 08-Nov-09 13:13:41

CTRL C Copy
CTRL V Paste
CTRL X Delete

I don't know the exact cause, but look in Control Panel for anything that looks like the 'touchpad' though it may come under 'Mouse'. You may have pressed some key combination that changes it's behaviour

Also 'Accessability Options' also in Control Panel which changes the behaviour of keys etc.

wuglet Sun 08-Nov-09 13:36:03

for onager
Have been on the control panel the settings are correct and no faults detected.
The button isn't broken (I can feel that it is clicking iyswim)

But I only ever really use it for C+P anyway - just couldn't work out the keystrokes for it (Why "V"??)

onagar Sun 08-Nov-09 13:42:47

Well I'm glad to help a bit and maybe maybe someone who has a laptop will come up with the actual cure. It does seem odd doesn't it.

I don't know where V came from. It's not what I'd choose and I only remember it because I use it a lot. Perhaps just because they are close together.

The other one I use is CTRL A for 'select all'
There are loads, but if I try and remember them all I just forget the first ones

RustyBear Sun 08-Nov-09 14:49:17

Well, it's not Ctrl P for Paste, because Ctrl P is Print.
I'd guess it's V because X C & V are in a nice convenient line. Ctrl Z btw is undo, Ctrl S is save, Ctrl F is Find

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now