Talk

Advanced search

Please help me work out what mobile dongle? to buy to use with my new HP 2133 Mini-Note Netbook Linux OS

(6 Posts)
Mumof Thu 05-Nov-09 23:10:25

totally confuddled!!! lol

Mumof Thu 05-Nov-09 23:20:08

I was to no not likely one will work then told maybe so so am all confused! grin

www.betavine.net/bvportal/resources/datacards/devices

Mumof Fri 06-Nov-09 20:09:17

thanks so where would I buy one of them and on what network thats the bit that confuses me no end blush I am so sorry I sound so thick dont I! blush

Vodafone sell the K3565 (see the other thread) and I imagine most of their modems would be compatible with the Betavine software. Unfortunately they seem to go out of their way not to tell you exactly which modem you're getting. It might be easiest to print out a list of compatible modems and take it to a Vodafone shop?

I have found out that the version of Linux on your mini-note is SuSE Linux. The download link and instructions for the SuSE packages are here. I'm afraid the instructions probably look a little daunting to a non-geeky person sad.

Mumof Fri 06-Nov-09 22:00:23

indeed they do I so appreciate your help though

pah

I just want a wee internet worthy netbook / laptop for my bro as he has mental health probs and is stuck in alot and I want him to have a hobby or atleast another interest! Bar sleeping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now