Talk

Advanced search

Please help me sort myself out ... and talk to me as you would your dear old Nana

(7 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Wed 04-Nov-09 13:09:47

Am not good on tinternet.

I have done something to my page set up so that instead of having a "frame" around my internet pages (with tool bars and whatnot that information line along the bottom that has little tiny symbols including the clock and an envelope for emails and the browser symbol and all that) my page now fills the entire screen. If I put the mouse on the tiny triangle in the very top right hand corner the tool bars come back but I want them there all the time!

Does anyone understand what I am saying? How can I get them back please?

Tia blush.

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 04-Nov-09 13:15:33

are you on windows or a mac?

sounds like you have switched to 'full screen'
If you can get the toolbars back you should be able to switch this off under the View section, or possibly Tools -> Options

try hitting F5 and see what happens
(press, don't actually hit it)

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 04-Nov-09 13:22:47

Hooray - thanks! It was in Tools.

I am a proper tool myself blush.

I wonder if there is a sort of online guide to teaching yourself step by step how to use the internet in windows?

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 04-Nov-09 16:30:11

cool!

at online guide to the internet

Lesson 1: find this guide.

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 04-Nov-09 16:58:37

grin

It would be a good idea though, wouldn't it?

WebDude Tue 10-Nov-09 16:28:38

Unfortunately, the options available on different browsers make a single online guide rather difficult.

Mac users have Safari as their default, Windows users generally have Internet Explorer forced on them available, while some on Linux get Firefox as a default. There are other browsers, too, of course.

Each have good and bad points, I'm sure (I try to use all of them, to see pros and cons and be able to assist if clients get stuck).

RustyBear Tue 10-Nov-09 22:46:17

FCor future reference F11 will switch you between full screen & toolbar view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now