Talk

Advanced search

Would this laptop be Ok?

(10 Posts)
moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 01-Nov-09 17:08:12

Have decided to get a laptop or netbook, mostly just for mumsnetting surfing and email etc, plan to still use desktop for photos.

Does this look ok, I don't have a massive budget and don't know much about computersblush. I thought a laptop will be a better idea than a netbook so I can use it to watch DVDs on as well. I don't know how to download music or films or anything usually, maybe the odd short youtube rubbish.

Suggestions welcomesmile

MrAnchovy Sun 01-Nov-09 18:01:01

Can't beat it at that price.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 01-Nov-09 18:05:37

Seemed good value for the spec but is it a pile of shit??

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 01-Nov-09 18:07:17

My desktop is a Dell and 6 yrs old, I just put 1BG of RAM in last week to replace the 256kbblush and I'm chuffed its loads faster. That is the extent of my IT.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 01-Nov-09 18:10:01

Acer are a reputable manufacturer. I'm not techy at all, but it looks good to me.

Except maybe the short battery life, is that fairly standard on laptops?

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 01-Nov-09 18:13:16

No idea! But I will mostly be using it for shortish spells anyway I think, and at home, so am hoping it won't be too much of a problem.

mrspnut Sun 01-Nov-09 18:14:45

Acer are a good brand, they are usually pretty reliable and value for money.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 01-Nov-09 18:46:19

That'll do for me, just hoping it wouldn't be 10 people all saying they were rubbish <dusts off credit card>

sazm Sun 01-Nov-09 18:55:51

i have had 2 acer laptops,and my stepdad has one too, great cant fault them at all,

i would say though that i bought mine from ebay brand new for £179!

moaningminniewhingesagain Fri 06-Nov-09 11:25:34

Well I got it, and it seems rather fab!

Found a £5 off code to order it, and got about £6.50 in clubcard points as well so it worked out v good value IMHO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now