Talk

Advanced search

how do i send a fill out a pdf file, and then send it back? too embarassed to ask anyone in real life

(10 Posts)
vvvodka Fri 23-Oct-09 15:23:59

thats it basically. have found a job, and initally i was goingt o print out the document, fill it out by hand then post it, but it says that i can email it. blush but how do i write in the boxes, and then send it on to them using my email which is a yahoo account kept entirely on the net, not on my computer at all
any help appreciated.

ThisBoyDerekDrew Fri 23-Oct-09 15:25:15

If it is a PDF you can't edit it without VERY expensive software.

vvvodka Fri 23-Oct-09 15:26:12

oh, so i cant really send it by email then, can i? if they want the form filled out, then i cant? only if i send a cv.
thank you.

Tortington Fri 23-Oct-09 15:26:56

you cant - is there a word version or an online application option - go back and look

otherwise print the pdf and send

treaclespongeofdeath Fri 23-Oct-09 15:30:40

I usually print the PDF out, fill in the boxes, then scan and email back. Of course this only works if you have a scanner!

vvvodka Fri 23-Oct-09 15:30:41

no word version. am printing as i speak, well, type

choppychopster Fri 23-Oct-09 15:30:54

They should have created it as an editable PDF, b ut IME many companies actually don't do this properly, yet still tell you to fill in teh form an email it back to you.

Lots of free sites where you can upload the PDF they sent you and fill it in though here

vvvodka Fri 23-Oct-09 15:31:13

treacle, thats a brilliant idea. i shall do that. :D

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 23-Oct-09 15:33:33

It depends on the PDF document - you can edit some even if you just have Adobe Reader if they're correctly set up.

Have you tried saving it to your desktop, and then trying to fill in the fields? If this works, just re-save when you're done, attach it to an email, and send

HTH

BadgersPaws Fri 23-Oct-09 15:50:47

You might need to update your PDF Reader before you can edit the fields on some PDFs that are meant to be editable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now