Talk

Advanced search

iPod virgin needs a bit of help

(7 Posts)
MrsFogi Wed 21-Oct-09 23:01:27

this thing is not intuitive at all (or I am getting old)! A few questions:
1. (the most important) is there a way to shuffle songs within a playlist (I've imported certain playlists fro iTunes). If not, is there a way to shuffle them up on iTunes (still within playlist) and then import it?
2. how do you turn the thing off?
3. what else should I know that I clearly will never discover myself?

thelunar66 Wed 21-Oct-09 23:05:34

is it an itouch?

MrsFogi Wed 21-Oct-09 23:08:10

No just an iPod (whatever the original kind is called - about the same size as an iPhone)

BadgersPaws Thu 22-Oct-09 09:55:15

1) The whole iPod can be set into Shuffle mode which will shuffle anything that you play not just the playlist you're in at the moment. Go to the top menu and select "Settings", then "Shuffle" until next to "Shuffle" it says "Songs". Set it to "Off" when you want it back in normal play mode.

2) Hold down the Play/Pause button for a few seconds and it'll turn itself off.

I've got a fairly new iPod, on older ones things might be slightly different, let me know if the things above don't work.

MrsFogi Thu 22-Oct-09 21:30:27

I've found the general shuffle. But, can I shuffle within a playlist?

thedollyridesout Thu 22-Oct-09 21:46:18

On your iPod, go to Settings>Shuffle, then set Shuffle to "songs" by pressing the center button. Now, navigate to your playlist and press Play at the playlist name. You should see the shuffle icon.

HTH

BadgersPaws Fri 23-Oct-09 09:09:48

Once an iPod has been put into Shuffle mode (using the way that thedolly & I described) it will shuffle anything that you play. So a playlist will be shuffled but so will an album.

So you might find yourself bouncing back and forth to the settings menu depending on what you're listening too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now