Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for some help/advice on this. CD rom not compatable (sp?)......

(2 Posts)
texasghouldem Wed 21-Oct-09 18:33:09

............with our laptop.

Started this thread on Chat and someone kindly suggested that I post here too (I didn't even realise there was a Geeky Stuff thread!)

DP recently bought a CD rom from ebay and was all excited about loading it on laptop the other night. Then a message comes up saying we need windows XP or 2000 to use the CD rom; we have windows vista! (DP says it might have mentioned this when he bought it but he thought we had windows XP!).

Is there any way around this? Is it possible to somehow load this CD rom with just our windows vista or can we download a version of windows XP or 2000 without messing up our windows vista?!

Only managed to get 1 reply from my other thread sad so was hoping I might get some more here! Haven't actually tried what the poster suggested on the other thread just wondered if there was anything else to try first.

Thanks a lot in advance smile

BadgersPaws Wed 21-Oct-09 20:06:30

I'm not sure what's been suggested before but you can try this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-W indows

In the end some programs just won't work and there's not a lot you can do about it.

You could try and buy a copy of Windows XP from somewhere (some places are still selling it) but then you'd need a machine to install it upon, lot's of work basically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now