Talk

Advanced search

Microsoft Powerpoint 2007- How do I get a second word to appear beside the first on a mouse click?

(9 Posts)
Prosecco Mon 19-Oct-09 10:07:54

That's it basically.

I want to do a powerpoint presentation where a first word appears and then I can click to have another word appear beside it. Ideally , I would like to then continue in the same theme in order to have two lists, but with each word being added on a click.

Not sure if I have explained myself very well. It has taken me over a year to consider myself proficient in Word 2007 (as this is not what I use at work) and am now on my knees again in the face of what some of you (hopefully) can do in your sleep.grin

Thanks in advance.

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 19-Oct-09 10:19:42

Put the two words in two seperate text boxes. Select the first word box that you want to appear. Choose animate drop down box and choose how you want it to appear. Select second word and choose how you want it to appear.

That should work

I think

Prosecco Mon 19-Oct-09 10:26:00

Thanks.

Will give that a try.

Prosecco Mon 19-Oct-09 13:43:34

Can you add more things to each column after you have done this?

MadHairDay Mon 19-Oct-09 13:45:40

Yes you just do each word in a seperate text box, and animate it seperately, you can do as many as you want.

Prosecco Mon 19-Oct-09 16:46:01

Me again.

Thanks MHD.

Can you put a text box within a text box?

Or do you need to use a blank document?

Am having trouble lining it up.

This is probably so simple but have made the biggest mess of it.

Thanks again to anyone who can help me out.

MadHairDay Mon 19-Oct-09 20:07:47

Can't quite get my head round what you're trying to do prosecco, if you are still struggling and could explain it again (having a blonde day) I will try and help - you shouldn't have to put a text box in a text box iyswim? Sorry not to be more help.

RustyBear Mon 19-Oct-09 21:16:41

Are you starting with a slide with a title & subtitle? Just delete them & use Insert Text box from the Insert ribbon. Create as many as you need (Copy & Paste) & put a word in each. To line them up drag them into a rough line, then hold down shift & click on each one to select them (or you can use Ctrl-A if they are the only things on the page) Then on the Home ribbon, look for 'Arrange' - towards the right hand side & click on the arrow underneath it.You'll get a menu, click 'Align middle' & the boxes will line up (You can align them by the top or bottom of the text box but if they are only single words in the same size font it won't make any difference.) If you have two columns, you can line up the text boxes in each column too (use align centre, left or right, whichever looks best on your slide) You can space the words in your columns out by putting the top & bottom ones where you want them to be, selecting all the words in that column & using Align-Distribute Vertically.
Then animate them singly as Norma & MadHair described.

There is another way of doing it if you have them as bullet points, but I won't confuse you with it unless you want me to...

Prosecco Mon 19-Oct-09 23:23:47

Thanks Rustybear. That sounds very helpful- the execution of it will be the hard bit. smile

MHD, am sure it is not a blonde moment but my inability to get my own head round it that makes it sound so complex. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now