Talk

Advanced search

Pls recommend a good book for photoshop & Vista Pretty pls?

(3 Posts)
Starbear Sun 18-Oct-09 23:44:53

I have been going around in circles trying to work out how to uploaded, file & re-size photos. I think I've botched it up and lost photos from yesterday. Not that fab as I've also botched up the settings on my camera and everything is out of focus!angry I think I've also botched my Vista programmes as well. God knows what I've done to the One note book ( I've fortgotten the password and now I can't open a thing!blush But to be honest so far I've got by with say I wonder what would happen if I do this.
SO CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD BOOK FOR DIGITAL PHOTOS, PHOTOSHOP & VISTA. Sorry to shout but I'm going potty blush

Starbear Mon 19-Oct-09 11:13:49

Bump

WebDude Tue 20-Oct-09 14:09:34

Oh dear. Look, photoshop is perhaps a sledgehammer for the job (it can do wonderful things I'm sure, and some photographer will come along soon to explain what they do).

First, do you use USB to transfer pix from the camera, or does it use memory cards?

Second, you mention the "One note book" - when you say you cannot "open a thing" do you mean applications won't load, or just the photos you uploaded ?

Third, perhaps you could use some free software to start with - depends on what you plan to do with the photos after re-sizing them... Will they be used for a website, or just stored on CD as family albums, or printed out.. just nosey curious to know what sort of quality you will want in the longer term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now