Talk

Advanced search

so ive downloaded utorrent, now cant seem to get any films downloaded

(6 Posts)
vvvodka Sun 18-Oct-09 17:55:49

i've been told to go to thepiratebay.com, but can only find thepiratebay.org and that wont acutally do anything. or even let me register.. plus, i'm a bit worried that all this is illegal tooo.
can anyone help me out. i want to watch films on my laptop, but at the same time, i dont want to be doing anything illegal.

SqueezyCheesyPumpkin Sun 18-Oct-09 18:00:46

Downloading torrents is illegal. Usually the quality is rubbish as well as the fact that it takes ages to download a whole film.

If you wanna watch films for free, do a Google on 'Lovefilm 90 day free trial' offers, join and then cancel within the time limit then do a free Blockbuster online then Tesco etc. At least then, it's the real DVDs.

vvvodka Sun 18-Oct-09 18:04:39

oh.................

oh dear....

WebDude Sun 18-Oct-09 20:24:30

There are some legal torrents, but "The Pirate Bay" was in the headlines not long ago, when Swedish authorities shut it down.

Some musicians put out their material for free download and games and some software is available via torrents.

If you use the search box in the top right of uTorrent (and look at the drop-down menu to the right) you may find some alternative search sites that have what you want.

Do, however, beware that the amount of traffic can go high quite easily - which might be a shock if you get charged for going over some allowance on your internet connection - the lowest cost accounts sometimes offer 3 to 5 GB (or even less) and count what goes out as well as what comes in...

When using a torrent file sharing system, portions which you have of a file/ archive can be requested by other machines and sometimes you can reach a situation where you have sent out more data than you have received, without having downloaded the item(s) completely.

You can download some films legally off itunes. You have to pay for them.

vvvodka Sun 18-Oct-09 22:35:22

thank you all.. i think i will stic k to dvds for now. i have no desire whatsoever to have either the police knocking at my door, or a huge internet bill.
shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now