Talk

Advanced search

Can't get the back off phone! Any ideas?!

(6 Posts)
posey Tue 13-Oct-09 20:06:49

That's it really! Dd wants to put some pics from her phone onto Facebook, but we just can't get the back off the phone!
Its a Nokia 5000 apparently. It would appear to be a slide off back, but it isn't shifting. Any ideas?smile

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 20:53:34

Does it have Bluetooth? Could you beam them across. Otherwise you'll have to go to the phone shop. Mine you have to squeeze and push at the same time. Tis a real PITA!

posey Tue 13-Oct-09 22:03:37

No idea about bluetooth (am a bit un-techy!)
Will try squeezing and pushing! Thanks!

Snorbs Tue 13-Oct-09 23:48:30

You push on the top edge of the battery cover (ie, the edge of the battery cover closest to the camera lens) while sliding the battery cover downwards.

That being said, getting the cover off probably won't help you to get pics off as I don't think there's any data connector under there and neither do I think that model has a removable memory card.

I know that some mobile phone companies allow you to send pics from the phone to their website and then you can download them from there. If not, Bluetooth (a short-range radio link between the phone and a computer) may be the only way to go if you have a laptop that's got Bluetooth.

MinkyBorage Wed 14-Oct-09 00:04:04

the back always comes off mine when I drop it, but I can't for the life of me get it off when I want to. Throw it on the floor, that should sort it

posey Wed 14-Oct-09 14:42:11

MinkyBorage - thats exactly what dd said!
Snorbs - you're right, there is no memory thingy in there. Dh came in and got the back off straight away, but it doesn't do the same as my phone!
Thanks for all your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now