Talk

Advanced search

Bit of a long shot but anyone got a Disgo Net Browser 3000?

(3 Posts)
Polgara2 Tue 13-Oct-09 14:47:14

My friend has one of these (bit like a mini pda type thingy) and I have been trying to connect her upto the internet wirelessly with (which it IS supposed to do) and failing miserably.

Managed to connect via ethernet cable but that somewhat defeats the object of it really!

Am wondering if there is an on/off switch for the wifi and it has accidentally been switched off but can't find it. But there is just no icon for wireless on taskbar and no obvious way to set up a new network in the network connections option.

Not helped by the fact it runs Win CE which I didn't even know existed until this morning!

TIA

BadgersPaws Tue 13-Oct-09 15:54:11

You can download the instructions from here:
http://www.mydisgo.info/archives/548

Page 17 starts to talk about how to connect to a WiFi point.

One thing that I couldn't see was how to get the devices MAC address, which a nicely secure home WiFi point should be set up to use.

Polgara2 Tue 13-Oct-09 15:57:37

Thanks BP but she has those and it just doesn't do what it says on the tin so to speak! There is just no option for wifi connection to click on either on the taskbar or in network connections, only the ethernet one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now