Talk

Advanced search

CLUB BLOODY PENGUIN??

(13 Posts)
Pumpkinbummum Sat 10-Oct-09 19:21:16

Help dd1 came home on Thursday wanting to join, so after much begging, I relented,

Anyway we're all set up, and know most of the ins and outs, but her penguin name dosen't display,

How do we get her name to display , her friend told her to wait 24 hours but we just checked and shes still just a numberhmm

Snorbs Sat 10-Oct-09 19:24:55

Have you had the email?

Snorbs Sat 10-Oct-09 19:33:48

Sorry, that was a bit terse - what I meant was have you had the email from Club Penguin asking for you to click on a link to confirm the membership?

JJ Sat 10-Oct-09 19:43:08

My son's first choice of a name was deemed inappropriate. It was Hacker91 (no idea why a then 8 year old would choose it but hey ho). I emailed them and they changed it to his second choice. That was a while ago though! And it was a few days in between communications from them.

FourShour Sat 10-Oct-09 19:46:46

I think Hacker is a football term these days

I have heard DS grumble about it

Sorry no help with OPs question smile

JJ Sat 10-Oct-09 20:06:14

Football? Never heard it - although I don't know a lot about football. Had to look up Gooner the other day...

He didn't get a notification that it was inappropriate though; I had to ask why his name wasn't showing. I completely forget where the link to contact them is, sorry. It was a few years ago - he's now 11.

Pumpkinbummum Sat 10-Oct-09 20:06:38

Sorry thanks for the replies, yeap got email, and everything fine, just her username does not appear,
so should I email them, or does it take a few days

Pumpkinbummum Sat 10-Oct-09 20:14:15

Don't want to have to e-mail as my friend who has no clue about computers,
her dds' penguin name is displayed,blush

Pumpkinbummum Sat 10-Oct-09 20:22:06

Anyone else, off to watch X factor with said penguingrin

drlove8 Sat 10-Oct-09 23:13:39

dont bother with the website - getthe ds game instead - smile

DailyMailNameChanger Sat 10-Oct-09 23:20:22

dds does not either, never has and she has been on there for a long time. Hers has luv in the name so I suspect it has been blacklisted for that, they have a list of buzzwords that sets off the alarms as it were, it is automatic so the word does not have to be deliberate it can just be one that appears when you join words together IYSWIM.

Pumpkinbummum Sat 10-Oct-09 23:27:46

hers is Pavlovapie, hmm maybe abit risque, was thinking that drlove8 but then thought you still needed website

DailyMailNameChanger Sat 10-Oct-09 23:34:57

yes, it has "lov" in it a definate buzz word for them. I would suspect they will not let that one through sadly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now