Advanced search

Buying an internation Kindle reader from US. What sort of adaptor & voltage thingy will I need?

(6 Posts)
suiledonne Fri 09-Oct-09 09:21:22

Amazon has released an International version of the Kindle reader. I know the voltage and electrical plugs are different. What will I need to charge it here?


OnlyQuoteMeInTheTelegraph Fri 09-Oct-09 09:27:34

Something like this

suiledonne Fri 09-Oct-09 09:51:19

Thanks. I think I need a transformer or something to do with the voltage too.

BadgersPaws Fri 09-Oct-09 09:57:48

That adapter will fix the plug but it won't fix the voltage. Being as they're calling it "International" and given that many adapters and chargers will work on both US and UK voltage that probably won't be a problem but it might still be worth checking.

BadgersPaws Fri 09-Oct-09 09:59:34

Actually if this is what you're getting then it says that it comes with a "U.S. power adapter (supports 100V-240V)" so all you need is that adapter plug, the voltage is indeed fine.

suiledonne Fri 09-Oct-09 10:23:29

Thanks BadgersPaw. Looks like just the plug adapter is needed so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: