Talk

Advanced search

Outlook not authentic

(2 Posts)
brightwell Sun 04-Oct-09 21:04:25

I keep getting a message box popping up when I log into Outlook saying this version of outlook is not authentic. I'm sure it is, I bought the disc from the NHS and I've been using it for 3 years.

WebDude Sun 04-Oct-09 22:59:42

I assume you are/were NHS staff. If I were you I'd look to see if there are ways to archive all your e-mail (in case it one day stops running).

Then consider if you need the facilities of Outlook... or whether Outlook Express is good enough (standard on Windows 98/98SE/ME/XP at least). From what I've seen, Outlook only adds calendar and can sync with personal organisers.

I've found Outlook mail handling less reliable than Outlook Express (based on client queries) and clunky in how you set up mail accounts - admittedly it was before there was LogMeIn so I could not remote control client PC, had to talk them through it {without it running in front of me - so like directing someone up a motorway while wearing a blindfold!}

Microsoft did have a "master plan" where corporate licences needed to be renewed every three years (moneyspinner for Microsoft, and perhaps a reason why some companies decided to switch to Linux and OpenOffice instead!)

It sounds suspiciously like this licencing applied to you, if you are sure it is 3 years...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now